• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Title Deciding Exeter City versus Port Vale Matchday Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not much to write home about, as a game. Very much a damp squib.
Excellent crowd, good away support.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice to be there, shame about the result, and the performance. Taking two short journey clubs with us in the autos.

Banksy

Tbh if we hardly ever trouble their keeper and win virtually no crosses in their box we probably don't deserve to be champions. But autos is a fantastic achievement.

Didn't like that selection. Nombe and Grounds should both have started. The latter was superb again and must be retained. Please don't play Diabate on the left except in emergencies and please don't sign Zanzala to play in League 1
Did Zanzala have a bad game arthur? He does seem a bit of a headless chicken and agree we need better to cover for Sam.

iscalad

Post match

Attachments

manc grecian

Did Zanzala have a bad game arthur? He does seem a bit of a headless chicken and agree we need better to cover for Sam.
His chest control is ok it's what happens next that's a bit of a lottery. Sometimes he gets half a yard to shoot but then he hesitates and hesitates again and he's lost the ball. It's a no from me

arthur

Not a particularly bad game, but not a good one either. As a striker you expect him to win headers in the box and test the goalkeeper occasionally. He did neither, but then, hard though he works, he rarely does...

fred binneys head

Gutted. No doubt it’ll pass and I’ll enjoy the summer and looking at the fixtures will excite me, but right now I’m gutted.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Red Devon

Disappointing not to claim the title….it’s been a terrific season finishing second so could never be disappointed with that :)

Banksy

MT will learn a lot from that result , sometimes you learn more by losing.