• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Title Deciding Exeter City versus Port Vale Matchday Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
From that performance it looked as if Zanzala knows. He certainly didn’t appear to be playing for a contract, harsh but true.
If that was the case then why not start with Nombe?? As soon as he came on we upped a gear. Like Rosencrantz, I was mystified as to why Sparkes didn't start. We were at home and the onus was on us to take the game to them. Taylor has said in his interview that we didn't get the ball into the right places and didn't get enough quality into the box. Whatever people want to throw at Jacko about what he can't do, the one thing he is very good at is getting a decent cross in.

AndyR

Today was a minor disappointment in an otherwise incredible season. Some of our players look jaded but TBH they also looked that way against Barrow when thankfully we managed to grind out a win. This was not the City that we have seen for much of the season, which played some great football at times.

If at the start of the season, someone had offered us either (1) automatic promotion but get pipped to the Title on the final day or (2) play the season, I'm sure everyone would have taken number 1 like a shot.

We can now sit back totally relaxed and watch the Play Off lottery........UP THE CITY!

Trampus

MT will learn a lot from that result , sometimes you learn more by losing.
If only he did

Trampus

Good, no room for sentiment
So, a player not wanted by Barrow turns out to be a dud. Surprising or what?

AndyR

If only he did
Cor crikey, cheer up, we've just got PROMOTED.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Magnify our disappointment by a hundred fold for the players. You could see some of them were visibly shaken at the end. The time for introspection is over we all need to raise the roof on Monday at the incredible achievements these guys have achieved this season. Exeter City are back and we need to focus on the million positives of the season rather than reflect on a minor blip.

UTC

grecIAN Harris

Magnify our disappointment by a hundred fold for the players. You could see some of them were visibly shaken at the end. The time for introspection is over we all need to raise the roof on Monday at the incredible achievements these guys have achieved this season. Exeter City are back and we need to focus on the million positives of the season rather than reflect on a minor blip.

UTC
You could see Tim Dieng was completely gutted even when the players were walking around the game. Big Nige was doing his best to cheer him up but I don't think it was working.

manc grecian

So, a player not wanted by Barrow turns out to be a dud. Surprising or what?
He wasn't a dud. He was a short term solution to a short term problem.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
You could see Tim Dieng was completely gutted even when the players were walking around the game. Big Nige was doing his best to cheer him up but I don't think it was working.
Tim was a wreck at the end and you are so right he was inconsolable. That just makes me love him even more as you can see how emotionally invested he has become in our club. He didnt shine today but I have a feeling he will be determined to show league one what a great player he is

geoffwp

If only he did
That really is a pretty stupid comment and an insult to the manager who has just taken us to league1.