• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Title Deciding Exeter City versus Port Vale Matchday Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The day has dawned and days like these don't come around very often for an Exeter City fan, once before to be precise. Time to make the most of it City and finish it off in style. Time to bring the title home again.
COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
And I was waiting up to start this - 7:1 City !

scottus86

Flying up to Santiago this evening and I'll be home and dry in Morchard Bishop by Monday. Watching this one on ifollow and while nervous, I'm optimistic that we will do enough tomorrow.

UTC!! And bye bye Chile!

CWH-NYC_

Going to be a special day, see you all in the morning. IFollow for me as well. UTC.

Max Payne 2

Covid visited our house this week but I know placing a Merch order for a mix of promotion and champions gear will definitely help my recovery! C'mon City I wanna sing Championes, championes, away away away.....

Great to be able to view the upcoming playoffs with detached amusement rather than pure anxiety. I'm sure Argyle are thinking the same LOL

Banksy

Obviously have to treat PV with respect ( well not too much!) . Seriously though , they can be a good team on their day and are near the top of the table for a reason. They will be anxious to end their bad run and will know this is their last chance.You’d think we’d be relaxed wouldn’t you but I reckon it’ll all be a bit nervy so I hope we score early to settle our nerves.We do have the buffer of FGR playing a strong team in Mansfield , imagine if they’d had Scunthorpe! But we shouldn’t rely on that as anything can and will happen on this the last day.
But we’re there and promoted whatever so I hope everyone has a wonderful day and little Mattie lifts the trophy at the end.Enjoy the game everyone and Come on you Reds.🥳🥳🥳🥳

fred binneys head

Great thread title and the perfect person to start it after the ‘we’ll catch FGR and be champions’ prediction he made back in 1873.

Setting off at 9am, cannot blooming well wait - COME ON YOU REDS!

IndoMike

Obviously have to treat PV with respect ( well not too much!) . Seriously though , they can be a good team on their day and are near the top of the table for a reason. They will be anxious to end their bad run and will know this is their last chance.You’d think we’d be relaxed wouldn’t you but I reckon it’ll all be a bit nervy so I hope we score early to settle our nerves.We do have the buffer of FGR playing a strong team in Mansfield , imagine if they’d had Scunthorpe! But we shouldn’t rely on that as anything can and will happen on this the last day.
But we’re there and promoted whatever so I hope everyone has a wonderful day and little Mattie lifts the trophy at the end.Enjoy the game everyone and Come on you Reds.🥳🥳🥳🥳
After losing their last 3 league games they won't be feeling too happy. If we can get the first goal it might make their spirit sink...
Whatever, it will be one of the great days at SJP.....

DB9

The day has dawned and days like these don't come around very often for an Exeter City fan, once before to be precise. Time to make the most of it City and finish it off in style. Time to bring the title home again.
COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!
Think you deserve to start this thread Ian, You called this when a lot of us thought "No way" going up as champions was a possibility, Promoted yes, Champions though? I never thought we'd be going into the last game top of the league but we are so COYR's!!!!!

Last edited:

STURTZ

So glad we are going into this last game with still something riding on it. Champions? Enjoy the match Greek chums, days like these don't come along very often!