• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Charlton Athletic Matchday Thread

Cowshed Grecian

Jacko looked shocked to be taken off and was clearly very unhappy about it. He shook his head in disgust and he looked furious. Gary didn't say a word to him or look him in the eye. Kev Nicholson tried saying something to him but Jack just brushed him off. I wont be surprised if he doesn't even make the bench for the next game.
I’d be surprised if Sparkes lasts long in the GC reign. I don’t think he’s much of a fan, he was really poor today, he couldn’t get near their Right Winger. GC did the right thing with the early change. Makes me wonder if GC wants to tinker with Keys position he hasn’t pushed Sparkes further forward. Maybe he will? Sparkes was an excellent LW at youth level.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights

tom_ecfc

Will add the, over 1,000 Charlton fans, were as quiet as that lot down in the Torbay region. Very odd fan base!

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mitchell debut goal after 4 minutes on the ptich, can't think of a quicker one !

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will add the, over 1,000 Charlton fans, were as quiet as that lot down in the Torbay region. Very odd fan base!
Yes they were. It's often the way with these bigger clubs. I wonder if a lot of them are based in the southwest so it's a rare game for them?

Red red

Thoughts on yesterday for what is worth
Disappointed is the overriding factor
Blackman obviously injured and maybe should’ve done better with the second goal.
Sparkles didn’t track his man for the first even though the Charlton guy took it well.
I don’t think Aimson should’ve of started yesterday as the clean sheet at MK gave the back five another chance. Hence why thought Sweeney had one of his worst games for a long time. Caprice also didn’t know wether to cross or put the back when going forward and I thought had a poor game. Hartridge again thought was poor. Aimson first sight will be good back need to get an understanding with the rest.
Sparkles I agree with the person who said GC doesn’t rate him.Mitchell looked to have excellent pace and took his goal well early days .
Harper takes to long to get to the pace of the game.
Collins battled well a bit unlucky to get subbed but think that was a game plan.
I don’t know where to start with White. Possibly the worst performance I have seen by any City player for a very long time he cost possession he cost going forward and he couldn’t tackle.
Stansfield battled hard good effort near the end
Nombe worked his socks off but no real supply he was
definitely missing his mate
Kite and Macdonald worked well and great effort from and a great save also.
Scott looks a size but only had 10 minutes
Think GC did well in the early sub but kept White on far too long.
We really need to sort the shape of team because the crowds will drop off with games like yesterday.
The team is in transition but we really need to get to 50 points fast

andrew p long

Should I watch the full 95 minute match replay on ifollow? I'm confined to home with a nasty virus with time on my hands. And there seem to be a variety of views about yesterday's performance. So having seen the goals should I just watch the 10 minute extended highlights or the full 95 minutes?

arthur

Should I watch the full 95 minute match replay on ifollow? I'm confined to home with a nasty virus with time on my hands. And there seem to be a variety of views about yesterday's performance. So having seen the goals should I just watch the 10 minute extended highlights or the full 95 minutes?
If you enjoy the sight of the opposition passing th ball comfortably across their back line while we fail to generate a shot on target, then by all means watch the full 95 minute version. Otherwise I think 10 minutes should suffice

Pmc grecian

Thoughts on yesterday for what is worth
Disappointed is the overriding factor
Blackman obviously injured and maybe should’ve done better with the second goal.
Sparkles didn’t track his man for the first even though the Charlton guy took it well.
I don’t think Aimson should’ve of started yesterday as the clean sheet at MK gave the back five another chance. Hence why thought Sweeney had one of his worst games for a long time. Caprice also didn’t know wether to cross or put the back when going forward and I thought had a poor game. Hartridge again thought was poor. Aimson first sight will be good back need to get an understanding with the rest.
Sparkles I agree with the person who said GC doesn’t rate him.Mitchell looked to have excellent pace and took his goal well early days .
Harper takes to long to get to the pace of the game.
Collins battled well a bit unlucky to get subbed but think that was a game plan.
I don’t know where to start with White. Possibly the worst performance I have seen by any City player for a very long time he cost possession he cost going forward and he couldn’t tackle.
Stansfield battled hard good effort near the end
Nombe worked his socks off but no real supply he was
definitely missing his mate
Kite and Macdonald worked well and great effort from and a great save also.
Scott looks a size but only had 10 minutes
Think GC did well in the early sub but kept White on far too long.
We really need to sort the shape of team because the crowds will drop off with games like yesterday.
The team is in transition but we really need to get to 50 points fast
I agree with most of your comments I thought hartridge was excellent

arthur

I agree with most of your comments I thought hartridge was excellent
So did I. The contrast with Sweeney was painful to watch. And I thought Aimson did OK as well - can't understand the problem people had with him. KMT didn't hesitate to drop the captain and I can foresee a back three of Hartridge, Diabate and Aimson in the near future unless Sweenz ups his game