• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Accrington Stanley 'who are they?' Matchday Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
6:30 on Matchday on nobody has started one up yet. It's blowing a hoolie here in Winkleigh, I hope it's not as bad in Exeter otherwise it could be disruptive to the game. The core of our midfield and Franz Hartridge should be back today and . Play as well as we did during our good spells last week at Cheltenham and not go to sleep at the back we'll win win comfortably, 3-0.

tom_ecfc

Hate a windy game, brings the poorer side more into it and lowers the standard of the game.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
A big game for us today. A win alleviates any minor threat of a relegation issue / Battle and also gets us back on track following last weeks defeat. I don't think it is unfair to say a defeat really isn't good enough today.

Banksy

With a thread title including ‘ who are they ?’ you’re asking for trouble.A team not to be underestimated would be my guess , we know they are resilient to say the least else they wouldn’t have managed to stay in this league for the time they have on one of the smaller budgets.
Lesson one , never underestimate the opposition.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't go due to a mishap at home.

However it's BB eticket _17 today.

grecIAN Harris

With a thread title including ‘ who are they ?’ you’re asking for trouble.A team not to be underestimated would be my guess , we know they are resilient to say the least else they wouldn’t have managed to stay in this league for the time they have on one of the smaller budgets.
Lesson one , never underestimate the opposition.
Lesson two, find out what the reference is about before you go pontificating. Those of us who are old enough will know it is from the old milk advert back in the 80's and gentle laugh about that and nothing more.

Banksy

Still applies matey even in just.My racial memory doesn’t go back as far as that sayings concerned I’m afraid.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Still applies matey even in just.My racial memory doesn’t go back as far as that sayings concerned I’m afraid.
Racial memory?? What are you on about?

Reactions: Ash

Banksy

Racial memory?? What are you on about?
Is this a five minute or ten minute argument? I can’t be bothered.Just hope Accrington don’t come back to bite us in the bum that’s all.

grecIAN Harris

Just trying to work out how you've managed to equate an advert with two young Scouse lads on about their footballing dreams into a slanderous slur on our opposition with racial connotations.