• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Accrington Stanley 'who are they?' Matchday Thread

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Haha, what an utter pub side Accrington are. They were lucky it was only five - how on earth they ever got to L1 is a complete mystery.

iscalad

Have to admit to more than one tear in my eyes after Jay's goal.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a finish by James Scott…now that excites me the most 👍👍👍
Me too a super strike.

jgay-64

Me too a super strike.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

iscalad

All round team performance. We didn't let them have very much at all.
Always amuses/annoys me that when we play well and score a lot of goals it's because the opposition couldn't beat the Dog and Duck pun team.
We bossed the midfield and I thought Harry was superb today.
Some really well set up and well taken goals.

Radio Free Skaro

Haha, what an utter pub side Accrington are. They were lucky it was only five - how on earth they ever got to L1 is a complete mystery.
Who are they? Just found out the Scouser kid that uttered those immortal lines went onto murder somebody recently
‘Accrington Stanley’ milk advert actor jailed for Liverpool murder | Crime | The Guardian

Radio Free Skaro

Anybody brave enough to give player ratings out of 10?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
3 points, 5 goals (including a first one for Scott and one for Stanno in front of the Big Bank), a clean sheet, good minutes back for Kev and Kite, a significantly improved goal difference to +5 and as a consequence of the 3 points and the 5 goals we’re up to 11th.
I don’t suppose anything can ever be perfect but today has come pretty close.
Agree could not get to SJP so paid to watch on iFollow.

Ok Accrington were no great shakes but having supported City for many decades this was one of the most complete performances I have seen.

Five brilliant goals and confirmation that GC not only knows what he is doing but he also knows how to use the transfer market and has brought in some players of real quality.

Summer is going to be really interesting and lot depends on how well we perform next season on who he can bring in as a replacement for Stanno whose work rate has contributed a great deal to the success we have enjoyed this season.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
All round team performance. We didn't let them have very much at all.
Always amuses/annoys me that when we play well and score a lot of goals it's because the opposition couldn't beat the Dog and Duck pun team.
We bossed the midfield and I thought Harry was superb today.
Some really well set up and well taken goals.
Agreed and it annoys me too you can only beat what’s in front of you.