• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Accrington Stanley 'who are they?' Matchday Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well that should calm the squeaky bum boys down!
Most important goal was the first, after that it was a procession. All played well.

Caldwell out.

thermopylai

Play offs ?
Bloody pessimist! We'll be in the autos!
(the top four will surely all get points deductions...)

Colesman Ballz

I still think we're going to batter someone this season. Could be today.
Great shout Billy ! :p

Excellent win against poor opposition, but how many times this season have we failed to get a result against such teams, mainly due to poor shot conversion and not making possession count. Now let's see how good we are and put Barnsley to the sword on Tuesday.
So pleased for Jay today and also for James Scott. UTC.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He has worked so hard and so deserves this.
Even more so after he unselfishly set up Scott a few minutes earlier. Also loved the way the manager subbed him as soon as he'd finally got his goal. Not ashamed to say there were a few tears in my eye.

geoffwp

I am so pleased that Stanno got the last goal. That was written in the stars. Brilliant. Great to see the goals shared around too. Geddon city. Bleddy love it

thermopylai

Scott was fantastic. Also thought Scott began to show what he's about today, was involved a lot in 20 mins and makes for a good Nombe understudy,
Agree, great to see Scott come good. I've been doubtful of him so far, some underwhelming performances - but it seems his response has been to up his game. Really enjoyed his contribution - and that he was trying to set up Stanno implies a good team player.

arthur

Really pleased for James Scott . His utter joy when he scored was deserved and the reaction of his team mates was just fantastic to see.

Bridgy 81

3 points, 5 goals (including a first one for Scott and one for Stanno in front of the Big Bank), a clean sheet, good minutes back for Kev and Kite, a significantly improved goal difference to +5 and as a consequence of the 3 points and the 5 goals we’re up to 11th.
I don’t suppose anything can ever be perfect but today has come pretty close.

tom_ecfc

Last time we scored 5 or more?
Colchester at Home 6-1, 24th Nov 2020 (League only)