• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Noughties

Stuart Storer's Tache

As one of the most turbulent decades (we've had a few!) in City's history draws to a close I've been thinking of some of the moments of the decade.

Game of the decade - We have had a few but THAT night at the Kassam tops it for me.

Goal of the decade - Deano vs Donny, whether he meant it or not doesn't really matter.

Player of the decade - Deano again, broke through during the relegation season and weighed in with some really important goals. Under Inglethorpe looked to be on his way out, but fought back and earned a move to the Championship.

Chant of the decade - Sean Devine's made local and national print and some good use of the f - word.

Manager of the decade - Tis, easy

Champagne moment - Sir Scott of Hiley megging Ronaldo

Miss of the decade - Flack at Hereford. Somehow hitting the woodwork from the goal line.

Feel free to add your own, the more random the better

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Game of the decade - We have had a few but THAT night at the Kassam tops it for me.

Feel free to add your own, the more random the better
I think game of the decade should be split as follows:

Most important result: City 1 Cambridge U 0 - Wembley

Most impressive result: Turks 1 City 4 (play-off)

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
deanos goal against donny. think that was the defining moment in citys history and started the ball rolling to where we are today

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Game of the decade - Got to be Torquasy away in the playoffs, that was stunning

Goal of the decade - Les Afful, I wasn't there but was so glad the boy scored

Player of the decade - Has to be Steve Flack, he embodies everything this club is about

Chant of the decade - The Luke McCormick one....... not really........I like all the Troy Archibald-Henville ones especially when his dad turns up

Manager of the decade - Tisdale closely followed by Gary Peters

Champagne moment - Pretending to score goals at Gillingham away this season

Miss of the decade - Has to be Flacky at Cambridge, open goal, Flack's on the line and sure enough he fluffs it

Last edited:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Player of the decade - Has to be Steve Flack, he embodies everything this club is about
...fishing for a woooooooosh, shirley?!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Goal of the Decade - Ryan Harley against Torquay. No so much for the strike itself (although he did manage to find the only route to the back of the net in a crowded penalty area) but for how it turned our season and all that build up play by Rob Edwards preceeding it (which also involved Ryan along the way).

Wellyred

Manager of the decade - Tisdale closely followed by Gary Peters.

That is an understatement!
Couldn't stand the bloke to start with.....proved seriously wrong. An absolute ECFC legend. I only hope one day he manages a premership club...us!

CC

Goal of the decade? - Steve Flack in our first game in the conference. It wasn't the most impressive goal ever (but a pretty decent header from a Kwame free kick if I recall), but the fact that there were serious doubts we would ever make it through that close season to kick off at all meant the tears were close when that one went in.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Goal of the decade? - Steve Flack in our first game in the conference. It wasn't the most impressive goal ever (but a pretty decent header from a Kwame free kick if I recall), but the fact that there were serious doubts we would ever make it through that close season to kick off at all meant the tears were close when that one went in.
You might want to toughen up a bit.

Thames Valley Red

Game of the decade - Man United Home/Away for the £1.3m that saved the club.

Goal of the decade - Rob Edwards @ Wembley

Player of the decade - Dean Moxey (He will come back on Bosman - won't you Deano!)

Chant of the decade - We Own Our Football Club - its a late entry and a grower!

Manager of the decade - Paul Tisdale

Champagne moment - The fourth at Torquay Away - book your Wembley tickets!

Miss of the decade - The Oxford Penalties that beat them!

TV Bloomer of the Decade - Steve Tully! (F&*king Brilliant!)

Understatement of the decade - Appy as Larry! - Dean Moxey!

City Away Followings - Wembley, Man United, Oxford, Torquay and Leeds