• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
He doesn’t seem to fit our club but what do i know.
Exactly, not as much as the recruitment panel who have interviewed him twice and no doubt taken multiple references and done their due diligence. ECFC are hell bent on getting someone with our values I find it hard to believe they would appoint someone wildly inappropriate.

jimbo-gould

I asked for opinions about Caldwell on Twitter from his former clubs’ fans and the responses were largely very unpretty. Dare I say the majority of Exeter’s fan’s opinions on Tis seem similar. Added my original tweet below for anyone who wants to see the replies.

milts

Hopefully we will find out soon and hopefully it’s not Caldwell.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just heard from a parent of a player, it's Caldwell.

• Sad
Reactions: Ash

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nothing a couple of wins in the next 10 days won’t put right.

suffolklad

Whoever is appointed and there will be opinions on all sides its important that we all get behind him and judge him on results and the football played. To condemn him before he's appointed is just plain daft.
Give the bloke a chance whoever it is.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting. Reasonably sure none of those you’ve listed were in the vicinity of the directors’ box, with the possible exception of Shaun Constable. There was a grey-ish haired guy, with a beard, who was smartly dressed and appeared to be taking notes but, before Googling ‘Shaun Constable’, I had him down as the referee’s assessor. Couldn’t say with any degree of certainty that it was Constable, but it could have been.

As an aside, I couldn’t help noticing that Constable’s Twitter, which I took a look at a week or so ago, when his name was first mentioned, is now locked down.

Entirely conceivable I’m putting together two and two together here and getting seven, but, hey, ExeWeb wouldn’t be much fun without a hefty dose of rumour and speculation!
Sat next to Andy Gillard?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Caldwell wouldn’t have been my choice but we’ll have to back the club on this one and hopefully he can be the right fit.

He’s coming into a club that’s in a good place and he’ll get plenty of time to get his philosophy across.

gui

One of my best mates is a season ticket holder at Wigan Athletic and he just sent me this text message.

He got us promoted dude, latics legend !
He’s a no nonsense Scot’s man, will do well there buddy 👌

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's Caldwell, why is no-one listening?
On what basis do you assert this?