• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Cowshed Grecian

If Ardley gets appointed that shows me the club are just appointing someone who has experience with a fan owned club because he had many years with AFC Wimbledon and it’s Almost just to match the model. The guy has done well with Solihull Motors so far this season admittedly. But FFS it’s hardly an inspiring L1 appointment is it?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I heard it mentioned on Radio Devon that we had hoped to have something sorted early next week but now it will take longer. Possibly points towards the chosen one already being in a job and more time needed to get them out? Either that or second interviews required as close between a couple?

Bootroom

Interesting that despite his odds being on the slide and supposedly the favourite for the Newport job, David Artell was not far behind me in the Stagecoach and left at a similar time.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everyone going in on KN…Jesus should he have even been a candidate anyway? I don’t think so. However the other names linked with the job don’t exactly inspire me either. I’d be really interested to know who’s actually applied, I guess we won’t find out.
Do we even know the club are seriously considering him as a candidate? The only comment I've seen is from the man himself saying he's interested in the job.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heard it mentioned on Radio Devon that we had hoped to have something sorted early next week but now it will take longer. Possibly points towards the chosen one already being in a job and more time needed to get them out? Either that or second interviews required as close between a couple?
None of the names mentioned so far are particularly inspiring so maybe after interviewing people who have applied, the club are now actively head-hunting someone else who they may think will do a better job.

Simba3011

None of the names mentioned so far are particularly inspiring so maybe after interviewing people who have applied, the club are now actively head-hunting someone else who they may think will do a better job.
Looks like there will be a second set of interviews.

Grecianpasty

I'm confused as to why Neil Eardly isn't a prime candidate? If you manage Solihull Moors and you're 3rd in the national league, that success speaks for itself.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm confused as to why Neil Eardly isn't a prime candidate? If you manage Solihull Moors and you're 3rd in the national league, that success speaks for itself.
I take it you mean Neil Ardley? Do we know he isn't a candidate? There hasn't exactly been any news who is and isn't from the club.

Grecianpasty

I take it you mean Neil Ardley? Do we know he isn't a candidate? There hasn't exactly been any news who is and isn't from the club.
He has definitely been interviewed

milts

He has definitely been interviewed
Who else has been?