• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The new Andy Gray Is.....

4ORDY

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I thought we knew that when Gary retired a couple of months back?

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Big mistake by Sky, this Manc piece of sh*t has too much baggage, imo.

DJH2005

Can he be worse than wee Jamie Redknapp? Unlikely, so don't give a t*ss if I'm honest. Even Ray Wilkins is starting to **** me off, and I usually liked the guy.

Well-known Exeweb poster
As a long time 'I think your just not good enuf for utd england Neville' advocate. Le's at least give the guy a chance, never know he could good at this, but if not and he's still a tw*t, then get STUCK right in!

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is a joke, should have been Paul Merson. With Jeff as Keys' replacement.

finetime

Backing Neville all the way he's got the making of a good pundit. Pleased Sky didn't go with a lead pundit in the "top, top player" Redknapp/Shearer mould.

http://football365.com/news/21554/7232010/Neville-England-Just-Not-Good-Enough

The ex-Manchester United right-back, now working in the media, won 85 caps for his country but was part of a number of sides that failed to deliver at a major tournament.

Friday's 2-2 draw in Montenegro ensured England's qualification for next summer's European Championships, but Neville has highlighted a number of areas in the current squad that he believes will stop Fabio Capello's men from making an impression in Poland and Ukraine.

England will start the tournament without the suspended Wayne Rooney following his red card on Friday, but Neville feels there are greater problems to address.

Writing in the Mail on Sunday, he said: "The real issue is that the spine of the team is not good enough, as it stands, to take on Spain, Italy, France or Germany at Euro 2012.

"We're now talking about Rooney possibly missing two games of Euro 2012 when what we should be talking about is the spine of a team that has no mobility and can't keep the ball.

"When I look at it coldly, a team that has John Terry, Gary Cahill, Scott Parker, Gareth Barry, Darren Bent and Rooney in its central positions is nowhere near good enough to take on the major nations such as Spain.

"I"m not having a go at individuals; there are some very good players among those names. Collectively, Rooney aside, there is hardly any pace, very little invention and hardly any rotation of positions."

England face the world's number one side, Spain, in a friendly next month, and Neville wants Capello to make his players step up and prove they can match them.

He added: "Somehow, Capello has to do something that no England manager has done in 15 years, and that is make the England players believe that this next match could be the most important of their life."
I'd back that completely, although some of the blame rests with Capello as he's picking the team but really, who else is there to select at the moment?

......a lot better than the old one.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Neville has done well....I am not one to usually look at tic tac's or the post mortem of a game( i am never really intrested in what formation the Grecians play,for a start !) but from what i have seen of his appearences on Sky,he is doing OK...

He was never going to be a popular choice with many because of his MU connection & probably for the fact that he never sang the national anthem at England games...( not a bad call,that is all a bit too cheesy,imo)