• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only if the lights are on :)
And nobody's home??

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

Bit of an unfortunate name.

iscalad

Bit of an unfortunate name.
Making news for the sake of it.

Bridgy 81

I chatted with a bloke at the City women’s game last night who follows both Bridgwater‘s mens and womens teams.
He said he goes to the closer away men’s matches on public transport as he doesn’t drive, so when he mentioned that some of the their games are in Cornwall e.g. Mousehole amongst others, I asked him how he gets to those.
His reply intrigued me, as he goes on the team bus.
Apparently the team travel independently to the closer matches but the club use a coach for further away ones.
Presumably to enable some away support to be present and probably more importantly to help towards the cost of the vehicle, they offer spare seats to known supporters for a few quid.
I liked that idea.
I wonder if City would consider it?
I‘d pay £25 for a lift to Cambridge, a KFC and a game of cards with the lads at the back of the bus!

Rosencrantz

I chatted with a bloke at the City women’s game last night who follows both Bridgwater‘s mens and womens teams.
He said he goes to the closer away men’s matches on public transport as he doesn’t drive, so when he mentioned that some of the their games are in Cornwall e.g. Mousehole amongst others, I asked him how he gets to those.
Apparently the team travel independently to the closer matches but the club use a coach for further away ones.
Presumably to enable some away support to be present and probably more importantly to help towards the cost of the vehicle, they offer spare seats to known supporters for a few quid.
I liked that idea.
I‘d pay £25 for a lift to Cambridge, a KFC and a game of cards with the lads at the back of the bus!
I think Tiverton often have supporters on their team coach, saves a bit on costs I guess as you say.

If you wanted City to do it you would need to factor in overnight accommodation as well 🙂

Oldsmobile-88

I think Tiverton often have supporters on their team coach, saves a bit on costs I guess as you say.

If you wanted City to do it you would need to factor in overnight accommodation as well 🙂
The Grecians had a few supporters on their coach to
Scarborough in 1988/89 iirc.
That did include a overnighter.

fred binneys head

I liked that idea.
Mate of mine used to follow Alfreton Town as a young lad and him and his mates always travelled to the away games on the team bus.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Banksy

That should put some spice into their game.

sign of the chimes

Presumably they were confident it was a commercial deal they could sign with no risk of inflaming the support.