• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite a statement from Staines Town, can't quite believe what I've read!

Crikey ! I wouldn't like to be involved in trying to sort that lot out ! :unsure:

Bridgy 81

WsM are hosting a testimonial for the ex Bristol City goalkeeper Ray Cashley on Saturday 9th July @ 3pm.
Several of the confirmed ex Bristol City players have ECFC connections if anyone’s interested in another trip down memory lane.
It doesn’t clash with any of our pre-season friendlies either as we’re at Taunton the previous evening.

Just in case anyone here had intended to go on Saturday week this match has been postponed and rearranged for May 2023.

Grecian2K

Looks like the rug has been pulled from under that long awaited "Stadium For Cornwall".
Stadium for Cornwall: Cornish Pirates & Truro City look to survive after funding blow - BBC Sport
Who will Truro City ground-share with now? Still Pl*mouth Parkway?? Or even Mousehole FC??

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Progress for Oldham one hopes

andrew p long

Progress for Oldham one hopes

Hope so, but its rather suspicious that the identity of the purchaser won't be announced until after completion (or as it is otherwise known 'until too late to do anything about it'). What does the mystery purchaser have to hide?

Rosencrantz

Brett Pitman signs for AFC Portchester...no me neither 😉

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
York City have been taken over by their Trust

DB9

York City have been taken over by their Trust
Interesting they transferred 75% to JMP in 2006 with the right to buy them back which they have initiated, I guess their Trust has developed since 2006 and are more confident in running the club now they've 100% of the shares, Good luck to them, New stadium, Back in charge, Hopefully they can move up the leagues.

DB9

Oldham start life in Non-League football with a trip to Torquay for the opening day fixtures in the NL.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Eastleigh Chairman steps down due to a betting irregularities