• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Congratulations Lez... Didnt have to slum it down there for long. :)
Well done Les & Co - welcome back to where you belong !
Ian Holloway on his way back ?
UTC

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good to see two proper League teams back into the fold instead the non league wannabe Chelsea's that we've had coming up, eg Fleetwood, Village Green etc.

dontpassback

Well done the mariners,back in the EFL

les.gtfc

Wow, what a day that was.

When we had 2 decent shouts for a penalty turned down and they scored just before half-time, I thought it might be one step too far for us, but yet again this group of players showed that they never know when they're beaten and we ended up winning in extra-time again.

Fantastic celebrations at the end and hopefully we won't find ourselves back down there in the future.

See you in League One in 2023/24.

DB9

Wow, what a day that was.

When we had 2 decent shouts for a penalty turned down and they scored just before half-time, I thought it might be one step too far for us, but yet again this group of players showed that they never know when they're beaten and we ended up winning in extra-time again.

Fantastic celebrations at the end and hopefully we won't find ourselves back down there in the future.

See you in League One in 2023/24.
Well done Les, Again heart stopping game, Our teams never do things the easy way do they? But it does make it all so much sweeter. Plus going back up first time of asking was a good job done, The Conference is littered with former league teams. Good luck for next season 👍

Banksy

I love stats like that, my favourite is that Bristol Rovers were only in the top 3 of league 2 for the last 5 minutes of the season and got promoted.
Yes , the particular satisfaction I got from that was that it was at the expense of Northampton too who caused us all that misery in that rotten playoff final.Now they can spend another season trying to get out of League Two.

Reactions: DB9

Red Devon

I had thought Solihull had won when I checked the BBC site, I was about to post commiserations to Les when I saw the above posts & checked the official club site 😁

View attachment 8654
It also had Grimsby winning 1:0 at halftime and didn’t change until Grimsby actually equalised

haka

Congratulations to Grimsby and Les.

In their 2 promotions via the play-offs, Grimsby's final opponents were a total of 19 points above them in the table!

les.gtfc

Congratulations to Grimsby and Les.

In their 2 promotions via the play-offs, Grimsby's final opponents were a total of 19 points above them in the table!
It does seem unfair, but everyone knows the rules at the start of the season!

haka

The National League system is probably fairer than the League (EFL) one, and the old Conference one. There is some advantage for teams finishing 2nd or 3rd.

Under the old system you would have missed out in 6th ... ;)