• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Last game for Nuneaton Borough this Saturday?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
All not well at Bridgy it seems.

To give some background, Bridgwater are currently second in the Western League, one point off the top and have a record so far of W10 D1 L3. The "new blood" is the assistant manager, one Andy Llewellyn, formerly of this parish, briefly. His sons are both in the first team. Another of our former players, goalkeeper Jake Viney, who has recently rattled up his 300th appearance for Bridgy has now announced he is moving on after the weekends events.

Maybe Bridgy know a bit more?

Bridgy 81

I’m afraid I don’t.
I keep an eye on Bridgwater’s men and women’s teams and go to both from time to time, but I don’t consider myself a supporter of either as such.
I do know that a new bloke, Ian Davis, took over the men’s side in the summer and I think Adam Murry is now just the owner of the women’s team (rather than both as previously).
Murry appears to have done a lot in the time he’s been involved.
He was the person who relocated Yeovil women’s team to Bridgwater, after they lost their place in the WSL, mostly as a result of a financial meltdown I think.
And he was on the board at Bournemouth before that and was closely involved I believe in the appointment of Eddie Howe as their Manager, back in the day.
Under his stewardship there’s been plans published for a separate stadium in Bridgwater for the women’s team, but I don’t know where that currently stands.
Anyway, hopefully things will settle down but who knows, football at that level can be quite volatile.
I think Tiverton are going through similar disruption?

denzel

I think this is Taunton having a go at Bridgwater..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are fans in campervans allowed in their car park?

Colesman Ballz

That will be the disgruntled Moxey of this parish, sorted out with a new team to support then ! :cool:

Bridgy 81

When I was growing up in Taunton we had a series of camper vans as our family vehicle.
I remember a Bedford Dormobile and a Commer Caravanette.
We had great fun in those, but one or two mishaps as well.
I recall when on holiday in Cornwall my Dad shut the door on his hand when he was driving.
That necessitated a trip to Truro hospital.
Another time, closer to home on a day trip to the Quantocks, he fell over and broke his ankle whilst off on his own walking our dog.
Luckily the dog came back (Lassie-like) to where we’d parked and raised the alarm.
That one required my eldest brother, who was a very novice driver at the time, steering us home at the wheel of the van for his first time down the steep and twisty backroads home.
And just to demonstrate that not every sticky situation involved my Dad injuring himself, we once had a very unpleasant experience with a sheep who got into the back of our van when we were parked up somewhere in Snowdonia.
Anyway, to get this thread back on track I don’t remember us ever taking either van to Taunton Town’s football ground.

Rosencrantz

And this seems to be the Bridgwater owner's response. Seems quite a charming character 😬

denzel

And this seems to be the Bridgwater owner's response. Seems quite a charming character 😬
What a plonker.

iscalad

And some want to get rid of the Trust.