• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
You forgot to add Bognor and <shudder>Alvechurch (home) 😱 to that roll of shame.

fred binneys head

And Enfield 😳

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Similar sort of thing happening for Prem/EFL ST holders at Hampton & Richmond on Saturday.

All being well, with the Missus working this Saturday, I might pop along to Beveree to see Mel Gwinnett managing Ben Seymour and co.
All was well, so I did make the trip to Beveree (as, it turned out, did former moderator Oli and Tom "Brother of the original Mr Exeweb") along with a crowd of nearly 1.2k to watch a pulsating 4-3 win over Dartford.

Prior to the game I was having a pint close to the pitch and tunnel, when Mel Gwinnett appeared - he then saw I was wearing a City polo shirt and did a double take before coming over to chat. Apparently along with Ben Seymour he has a few more ex-City lined up probably for next season. He then said that a certain former ex-City manager would also be attending - I didn't see him arrive but there was an unmistakeable flat cap amongst the prawn sandwich section.

As for Ben - he had a bit of a stormer. He won the corner that led to H&R's first, then it was his intelligent run and cross for the second. His turn and shot was well saved for the corner which led to the penalty for the 3rd (EDIT: Which he took, and scored), while I'm not sure he was involved in the 93rd minute winner. He definitely looked a cut above at this level.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Landlord closes Nuneaton's ground

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Scunthorpe statement

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Poor Gloucester City, hope the kitman's mum is oaky

Spoonz Red E

Nice story about the Worthing owner here ...

Ashford Grecian

I met George about a year after the accident when my brother was commercial manager at Worthing - a lovely guy had a 20 minute chat with him - felt quiite moved to tears....

denzel

Not sure whT is happening at Tivvy but their chairman has now stepped down.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure whT is happening at Tivvy but their chairman has now stepped down.
Tiverton seem all over the place at the moment.