• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Notts county is embarrassing - top of the league and only 70 miles away.
In mitigation neither Scunny nor the exotically rebranded Glanford Park are the most inspiring or picturesque destinations. :unsure:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oldham is the best following in that lot, unbelievable support.

Notts county is embarrassing - top of the league and only 70 miles away.
Can't imagine they'd be allocated any more than 1500?

fred binneys head

Can't imagine they'd be allocated any more than 1500?
I’d be surprised if that’s the case, Scunthorpe’s ground holds about 10,000 and last week they couldn’t pay their players.

Spoonz Red E

I’d be surprised if that’s the case, Scunthorpe’s ground holds about 10,000 and last week they couldn’t pay their players.
They did sell out their allocation.

fred binneys head

I take it back wholeheartedly then, fair play. Got to say I’m very surprised by Scunthorpe though.

Colesman Ballz

The erstwhile owner Peter Swann announced on Thursday, that he is finally poised to sell the Club to a local consortium. Guess that he is not putting in any more dosh into the Club, and that everything is pretty ramshackle in the meantime with staff not being paid. Doesn't want to go to the efforts involved in selling the extra seats and incurring additional stewarding costs etc ?

Colesman Ballz

Oldham's owner finally sold them in the summer, so both Clubs having been run into the ground, now face the task of rebuilding under new ownership. If they can't be stabilised in time, they could be facing life in the National League North next season.

fred binneys head

The erstwhile owner Peter Swann announced on Thursday, that he is finally poised to sell the Club to a local consortium. Guess that he is not putting in any more dosh into the Club, and that everything is pretty ramshackle in the meantime with staff not being paid. Doesn't want to go to the efforts involved in selling the extra seats and incurring additional stewarding costs etc ?
Sounds odd, that. He wouldn’t have to go to any effort to sell the tickets, Notts County would be selling them. And selling another 500-1000 tickets at £15 a pop (say) but having to pay a few more stewards seems like a no-brainer to me. Just strange, but I’m not really that bothered 🤣

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Southend players got paid yesterday. For November. It's not known when they'll get this month's pay.

Bridgy 81

Taunton Town’s match at home to Weymouth this evening is off due to the pitch being waterlogged.
That won’t help their fixture pileup in the second half of the season because they have games in hand over every other team in the league.
The minimum is 2 matches in hand up to 7 against some teams!
Also, as they obviously won’t play again in 2022 now, they’ve gone an entire calendar year unbeaten at home in all league and F.A. competitions.
That’s some going as they’re playing at the highest level they’ve ever been at.