• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

DJG.ECFC

Taunton won 2:1 away at Met Police today. Highlights on their Twitter if anyone’s interested.
So they’re currently second behind Hayes & Yeading on the same points but have a game in hand.
3 games left, all against decent teams, Yate, Farnborough and at Tiverton (18th April).
As you say handy if Taunton go up. We‘ll be able to do some more decent loans there.
I Imagine there will be a big crowd at the derby game at Tiverton on Monday, could decide if Taunton win the league or not. May pop down myself if I don’t end up at tranmere.

Last edited:

TOP_CITY_FAN

1,546 at Tiverton v Taunton this afternoon.

DJG.ECFC

1,546 at Tiverton v Taunton this afternoon.
Was a good game, plenty of pyro from the Taunton end 😂, atleast half in attendance were Taunton fans if not more. 1 point needed from the final game to secure promotion.

Last edited:

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was a good game, plenty of pyro from the Taunton end 😂, atleast half in attendance were Taunton fans if not more. 1 point needed from the final game to secure promotion.
Max would have loved the pyro 😉.

Cracking free kick for the only goal by the left wing back Foulston. The main difference between the teams was really up front. Tivvy haven't got much firepower up there and playing Watkins on his own for over 70 minutes and then just doing a straight swap for Theo Simpson was poor. Nelson should also have been on much earlier and not for Jordan Lam either. Dodge might be a legend at Tivvy but he should have stayed retired.

DJG.ECFC

Max would have loved the pyro 😉.

Cracking free kick for the only goal by the left wing back Foulston. The main difference between the teams was really up front. Tivvy haven't got much firepower up there and playing Watkins on his own for over 70 minutes and then just doing a straight swap for Theo Simpson was poor. Nelson should also have been on much earlier and not for Jordan Lam either. Dodge might be a legend at Tivvy but he should have stayed retired.
Beautiful free kick from Jay Foulston, he’s scored a couple of those recently.

Rosencrantz

Beautiful free kick from Jay Foulston, he’s scored a couple of those recently.
I was quite looking forward to a repeat of Taunton's first free kick when Lloyd James hit the first defender and then seconds later let a tame pass roll under his foot for a throw in. Would have brought back memories for many on here 😉.

Foulston's was one Bale would have been proud of. Left foot from left side of the area outside the line of the near post. Just clipped post and bar on its way in with a good amount of whip on it.

Bridgy 81

Great result for ECFC today. We’re almost there!
Hopefully I witnessed a good omen earlier as I was at Taunton Town watching them get promoted to the Conference South.
I was stood right in line with the winning goal in the 87th minute and a good one it was too.
I went to school (a longtime ago) with Taunton’s Chairman so have just messaged my congratulations and reminded him that we could probably help with loaning him a couple of players next season.

DJG.ECFC

2303 attendance at Taunton Town today to watch them get promoted to the conference south. Ideal loan club for our youth players now theyre at that level

Bridgy 81

Foulston's was one Bale would have been proud of. Left foot from left side of the area outside the line of the near post. Just clipped post and bar on its way in with a good amount of whip on it.
Have a look at his winner in today’s game to clinch Taunton’s promotion to Conference South if you can find it.
He looks very decent to me and is only 21. I reckon he could be worth a punt for us.
Perhaps I’ll message the club. Who’s in charge of recruitment?

Spoonz Red E

Have a look at his winner in today’s game to clinch Taunton’s promotion to Conference South if you can find it.
He looks very decent to me and is only 21. I reckon he could be worth a punt for us.
Perhaps I’ll message the club. Who’s in charge of recruitment?
[email protected]