• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Matt Taylor Derby Part Deux -a.k.a. Walsall F C v Exeter City AFC Saturday 22nd Jan 2022 Discussion Thread

Zanzala to score twice and provide us with greatest Exeter City player performance against Walsall since Mike Cecere!!
Can you tell us more Suzi ..... we only appear to have played Walsall twice while Cecere was a City player and according to 11v11.com we lost them both?
19 Nov 1994Walsall v Exeter CityL1-0League Division 3
04 Apr 1995Exeter City v WalsallL1-3League Division 3

I do remember seeing him score at Preston in a 1-0 win when we only had one proper attack in the whole game!

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

I might have been the league cup?? I have to admit its a bit hazy. I don't know if MC even scored but he should have done.
I think he was playing alongside Ronnie Jepson?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

CWH-NYC_

MT making it rather clear that performance midweek showed a few that did push hard enough for first team and thus will be loaned out to get game time. Rather blunt in his observation.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT making it rather clear that performance midweek showed a few that did push hard enough for first team and thus will be loaned out to get game time. Rather blunt in his observation.
Players need to prove him wrong !

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wasn't sure who this was directed at? MT praised Lee,Pond,Cox. Others are already out on loan - Dyer,Veale,Johnson.

Sparkes Taylor and Coley (and Daniel?) integral part of the 18 player match day squad. Is MT talking about Rowe and Seymour going out on loan?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wasn't sure who this was directed at? MT praised Lee,Pond,Cox. Others are already out on loan - Dyer,Veale,Johnson.

Sparkes Taylor and Coley (and Daniel?) integral part of the 18 player match day squad. Is MT talking about Rowe and Seymour going out on loan?
Wasn't totally clear whether Matt Taylor was talking about loaning out players who are surplus to requirements or those in need of game time. Sparkes has already been out on loan so hopefully doesn't need to go out again; however, with Atangana and Grounds close to fitness there's no guarantee that Taylor and Coley will still be in the matchday squad and you'd think both could benefit from regular football.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Whoever starts the match day thread tomorrow, can they have a shorter thread title please, long ones don't work very well on a phone!

Jason's match preview

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably the same eleven that started last Saturday unless there’s any enforced changes.

craigbratt