• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The "Good News Only" Thread

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
In these dark times, somewhere purely to share good news and much needed positivity.

Personal / family successes.
Random acts of kindness - given or received.
Small 'wins' that made the day, on balance, a good one.

A lockdown, politics & C19 free-zone

I'll start with the receiving of a drawing through the letter box today from a 5 year old girl. We'd left some small toys, that our children had long since grown out of, outside our house over the Easter weekend for people to take as they walked past. Today we a lovely picture of a stick-man nurse, smiling under a rainbow with 'thank you for my barbie' written at the top, signed by 'Jessica, aged 5'

Really touching.

Legohead

Banned
Thanks for this thread Red Paul. Much needed although I don't particularly have anything special to add. I've donated to my local hospital, to the PPE fund for nurses and to the 99 year old war veteran doing that sponsored walk in his garden for the NHS but these acts are insignificant in comparison to what a lot of other people have done and are doing.

ex_user1234

Resigned
I fed the ducks today down at Exeter Quay. They quacked thank you. Do I get a Blue Peter badge? :D

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
"It's good news week". .kind of

OmanGrecian

Bad news: The rationing system in the International Store on base crashed yesterday, meaning no sale of spirits (we are rationed to the amount we can buy each month).

Good news story: Email in my inbox stating rationing system working again. Tanqueray Malacca Gin at 12 Euro. Today is a good day.

OmanGrecian

In more serious good news. My gf has been activated by the US Navy Reservists to assist with the backlog of changeover of personnel on Merchant Marine shipping for the next 3 months (she's a merchant mariner by trade). Her company (ABS Shipping) have selected her as quarterly hero and an article will be written about her. Proud.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a blackbird in our garden who sings the first line of " Happy birthday to you ".

It's not even my birthday.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a blackbird in our garden who sings the first line of " Happy birthday to you ".

It's not even my birthday.
I hope you are washing your hands whilst that tune is being sung
:D

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Captain Tom has completed his 100 for the NHS. (y)

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
The new (beta) upgrade of X-Plane - 11.50 - has increased the framerate on my pc by over 50%! :D