• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The George Friend Interview

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
So he was not as well settled oop North as we thought.

Hard to believe he was at Boro for 8 years

the dog2

He's more than half way home! ;-)
i understand he has bought a farm in north Devon very close to his families home at Chittlehampton.

SaintJames

Hanging up his boots but this quote caught my eye - The 36-year-old joined the League One side last summer, where he played as a youth, - Was he at Rovers before he joined our academy then as I wasn't aware of that
George Friend: Bristol Rovers defender to become director of football - BBC Sport

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hanging up his boots but this quote caught my eye - The 36-year-old joined the League One side last summer, where he played as a youth, - Was he at Rovers before he joined our academy then as I wasn't aware of that
George Friend: Bristol Rovers defender to become director of football - BBC Sport
News to me too! But wiki says he played at Rovers as an Under 9...!

SaintJames

News to me too! But wiki says he played at Rovers as an Under 9...!

I think only Taggy could clarify this. My thoughts are that he probably was taken to training at both Rovers and City by his family and plumped for City after his trial periods with both. Of course it looks like a bit of poetic licence to say he played for Rovers as it looks like a heartwarming coming home story this way and we know wiki can be edited