• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The George Friend Interview

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
A bit like the Boris daily briefs, only not so often, more engaging and more informative. BS-free and rousing, knowing just around the corner football is coming back and we do need to start getting excited about that.
They did post a Grecian Groups meeting about a week ago which was basically a briefing from Taggy and Justin Quick which had some fairly candid moments of interest on. I agree though it would be nice to have some regular updates although the trap could be having little new to say and not a lot that is concrete.

andrew p long

Great interview, lots of things I didn’t know, like the sleeping on MT’s floor when on loan to City.

And the experience out on loan in non league. Liked the story about his patella injury. As a young pro playing non league he nutmegged an opponent, then got completely taken out in revenge, resulting in injury. Valuable experience.

And I liked George admitting that he didn’t know how big a club Wolves was. There is the story that this became clear when he first turned up for training and expressed pleasant surprise at how comparatively small the squad was, meaning that he might be close to the first team. Until someone pointed out that it was international week and that more than half the senior pros were away on international duty....

GJW

They did post a Grecian Groups meeting about a week ago which was basically a briefing from Taggy and Justin Quick which had some fairly candid moments of interest on. I agree though it would be nice to have some regular updates although the trap could be having little new to say and not a lot that is concrete.
I’ve not seen that. I’ll watch the video. That’s the sort of thing though. There may not be a lot of concrete news on the playing side but I’m sure there would be other items to make us aware of, especially ideas on the commercial front, updates on any fan related initiatives to help the Club and ways in which we can support at this time. This may be in the video. I’ll go take a look.

Rosencrantz

I’ve not seen that. I’ll watch the video. That’s the sort of thing though. There may not be a lot of concrete news on the playing side but I’m sure there would be other items to make us aware of, especially ideas on the commercial front, updates on any fan related initiatives to help the Club and ways in which we can support at this time. This may be in the video. I’ll go take a look.
Might be an idea to get those questions to one of the groups or the club for asking next time if memory serves. At the time of recording the main thing going on was happening in terms of the EFL. Stick with it as the sound goes a bit odd at one point, there might be some insights which you find interesting and informative even if it isn't what you have outlined.

Scott_Palfrey

There will be another with MT coming soon, but it’s hard to chat about things that aren’t concrete and makes more sense to chat about things when they are definite rather than speculative- had hoped it would have been sooner than now.

As noted we had an interview with Nick recently and the Grecian Groups.

More interviews will follow with players when they are back - furloughing rules meant we couldn’t interview them as it would be classed as work sadly!

But rest assured we will bring any news as soon as we can

GJW

Just seen the Nick Hawker interview from the 12th May. That’s the kind of thing I mean. It covered most of what I mentioned above. I should look a bit more closely for these things in the future. Good interview from Scott. Maybe him and Julian Tagg could alternate every couple of weeks. Haven’t found the other video yet of the fans forum. Will keep looking.
Found it. 21st May on Club website. Will watch that now.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Confirmed as a Birmingham City player!

Rosencrantz

Confirmed as a Birmingham City player!
He done well under Karanka didn't he. Or maybe he just wants to get away from Colin 😉

Ian Tarr

He's more than half way home! ;-)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's more than half way home! ;-)
True but he knows he can still play at Championship level. It will be another three or four seasons yet before he might seriously consider returning to play for City.