• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Feckin' Dire Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Excuse me whilst i just put my foot through the TV...

[video=youtube;zt3Gvdu9mtM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt3Gvdu9mtM[/video]

iscalad

Yay from me:)

Silver fox

And me (y)

Avening Posse

It's a Nay from me, not keen on Madras......

RyanPugh

It's a Nay from me, not keen on Madras......
Phall all the way....

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clicking on "sport" on the WMN website and being directed to the Plymouth Herald.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Hounslow Council's feckin' ineptitude when it comes to rubbish collection.

Wheelie bins were delivered (tiny ones, I must add) the other week, only they delivered just one bin for our two properties in my maisonette block, which was quickly snapped up by our downstairs neighbours. Two weeks ago I contacted the council to let them know of their mistake and to get them to deliver one for us.

So, last Monday our downstairs neighbours very kindly tried to stuff our rubbish into their bin, but it was overflowing with another bag left on the side. We came home to find a snotty "yellow card" letter from the council saying they'd collected our rubbish but wouldn't collect it the next week if it wasn't properly inside our bin. Cue a very snotty e-mail back to the council telling them we can't put rubbish in a bin we don't have, and we told them the previous week we couldn't do this.

After several unanswered e-mails from the Missus she eventually (after holding for an hour and a half) got through to them on the phone, they were apologetic and said they'd order a new bin for us and would place a note stating that our rubbish was to be collected as normal.

So, guess what? We get home yesterday to find our rubbish had not been collected, and another snotty letter through the door stating it had not been collected.

Cue a VERY snotty e-mail, copied in to the Deputy Leader of the council, stating that if my rubbish isn't collected within 48 hours it will be deposited at the Civic Centre.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
We've booked, or at least tried to book, via a hotel booking website, a break in a hotel/country club in Cornwall (no names mentioned YET, but will be publicised very soon). There are two payment rates quoted - the lower quote is a "pay now, pre-pay, non-refundable" rate while the higher one is the "flexible, pay on arrival" rate.

We booked on the basis of the higher rate as while we don't have the cash to hand now to pay in full, we will have by the time we actually go - so the Missus booked it first thing this morning via the hotels website.

So she then gets a call from the hotel saying they cannot honour the booking as the card was declined - we stated, with the screenshots to prove it, that we'd booked the "pay on arrival" rate and would therefore be, er, paying on arrival. They say they don't do this and we must pay now.

The Missus has now sent them the screenshots clearly quoting two different rates. I shall be following up, if they still refuse to honour our booking, with a proper stinger. The hotel website is also on the case with them stating they themselves advertise the "pay on arrival rate" and therefore they must honour our booking. Fingers crossed.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Very graciously they have decided they would on this occasion honour our booking. Very big of them.

Avening Posse

Very graciously they have decided they would on this occasion honour our booking. Very big of them.
Hmmm !!, but will they p__s in your tea pot Jason ?

Status
Not open for further replies.