• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Feckin' Dire Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thing is though, while the "undeserving poor" who actually get caught fiddling a few quid off the hapless taxpayer generally get punitive fines and/or custodial sentences, the rich spivs and speculators who do the same on an industrial scale invariably get knight or dame hoods and probably multiple well remunerated directorships with crony companies.
But you won't get the Daily Bile screaming about Little Lord Fauntleroy and his mates.

IndoMike

Is Billy's colleague sure that it was Egypt and not Rwanda?
You're on form today, G2K (y)

IndoMike

The word was used in English well before that. Look it up.

Anyhow my point about people screwing the system at every opportunity stands.
It's a small minority, Billy. You get your rotten apples in all walks of life. Compared with the billions of pounds squandered during Covid it is a drop in the ocean. Fecking dire sekali

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Difficult to believe

Spoonz Red E

There's an ad that appears on Exeweb for a company selling 'Exeter City' clobber.
Because I don't like the idea of third party companies ripping us off I started using the Google 'stop seeing this ad' function.
You click on the cross near the top of the ad, say why you don't want to see it and then Google promise to try and stop you seeing it again.
As an experiment I've said I don't want it everytime I've seen it for several weeks.
My cookies have been kept all that time so I could monitor how long it would take to kick in.
I think I've had the 'We'll try not to show you this ad again' message about 300 times in that period.
It still shows me the ad every session.

Last edited:

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
There's an ad that appears on Exeweb for a company selling 'Exeter City' clobber.
Because I don't like the idea of third party companies ripping us off I started using the Google 'stop seeing this ad' function.
You click on the cross near the top of the ad, say why you don't want to see it and then Google promise to try and stop you seeing it again.
As an experiment I've said I don't want it everytime I've seen it for several weeks.
My cookies have been kept all that time so I could monitor how long it would take to kick in.
I think I've had the 'We'll try not to show you this ad again' message about 300 times in that period.
It still shows me the ad every session.
Google knows that if you've seen Neil Whitworth, Graham Cheeseman and Jake the Shed in a city shirt, you'll put up with just about anything.

iscalad

Exeter city Council canceling Garden waste collections until September at the earliest.

iscalad

Why funny Joe...
Idiot

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Waiting for the NHS!

In March I was referred to the Oculoplastic and Lacrimal Services at the local hospital to deal with a eye infection. I phoned them today to chase up on the appointment and they told me that they've only got to December last year's referrals. So September is likely when I'll get an appointment date.
See a private opthalmicist and he's suggested a minor op on the lower eye lid. That was £250. The op will be £1300. But least it'll now happen in the next few weeks rather than over the next 18 months.

iscalad

See a private opthalmicist and he's suggested a minor op on the lower eye lid. That was £250. The op will be £1300. But least it'll now happen in the next few weeks rather than over the next 18 months.
I phoned the doctors for a telephone consultation for an ongoing treatment on my legs. I was told that I couldn't book an appointment and to call again next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.