• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

THE EXEWEB ADVENT CALENDAR QUIZ XVI

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster

.............................................................................................................................................IN ASSOCIATION WITH CHEESEDALE PRODUCTIONS LIMITED.......................................................................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................................. 4224 .................................................................................................................................... . .

Welcome one and all to the 2020 Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz. What follows is largely plagiarised from Master Quizmater LOG and my other predecessors but with my own adaptions

You should know the drill by now:, a picture clue or clues will be posted each day right up until the anti-climax that is the grand finale on 24th December. The answer will be something related to ECFC, Exeweb & Exewebbers, Exeter or Devon, including places, people, historic events (think Baedeker Raids) etc. Much to FBH’s annoyance, pubs may feature at some point along with obscure street names in small rural Devon villages.

On some days there will be quickfire rounds, multi ball (love a bit of chaos and anarchy me) and Fridays will attempt to be fiendish. Other variations might rock up to keep you interested. If there is going to be a variation, I’ll let you know the day before so that you’re suitably prepared.

If a daily clue isn’t solved by midnight, the points are reabsorbed back into the quiz matrix but thanks to modern technology the clue itself will be checked over in the quiz lab, tarted up if necessary and thrown in as a random bonus offering. This could be at any time or date without warning so stay alert.

Dem roolz:

• I can’t stop you from using an image search and am largely wasting me breath here, but, well, you know.
• Rearing up will be tolerated, to a point, because I know how passionate you all are. Don’t push your luck though. Serious foul play could lead to a red card.
• Workings must be shown unless otherwise stated. I understand though that this is a high-pressure environment where snoozing can lead to losing so if you want to fire off a quick one you can follow this up with workings in a subsequent post and I’ll then consider those posts as one. The follow up must be posted in a timely manner though and the longer you leave it the greater the chance of STURTZ or some other serial goal hanger nipping in around the back and tucking one in. The quiz must move with the times and on the days when I can follow proceedings closely VAR will operate. If VAR spots that a goal has been scored but the workings are absent or inadequate a VAR screen will be posted and anyone is free to post up the workings. In that case the pointage will be shared equally. This particular quizmater loves the beautiful game but recognises that a misdirected cross that hits Ryan Bowman's arse and drops into the net is as good on the scoresheet as a 40 yard screamer or a beautifully worked passing movement. Hence, a lucky hoof is going to be rewarded. There will be days when work will take me away from the screen mind so at those times you will need to fend for yourselves and VAR will not operate. Points will generally start at 1 but may be increased during the day if in the quizmater's judgment the clue has proved tougher than anticipated. On the other hand, if additional clueage is requested the pointage may be reduced. Special points rules will apply to quickfire rounds. Spot Roys will be awarded for good effort and in a new innovation 3 Roys will be converted into a full point. Otherwise they will act as a tiebreak. Should there be tie at the top of the board a penalty shoot out will be held to find the winner.
• There is no limit on how many guesses you can have but if you start taking the p*ss there may be sanctions imposed. You will be warned first, mind.
• The quizmater’s word is final but reasonable appeals will be referred to an independent panel.

The quizmater also reserves the right to award discretionary bonus points e.g. for answers that are better than on the card or if you make him laugh. Something more than a reasonably hard laugh is required here; think a gut breaking G U F F A W. As I am a miserable fecker at the best of times don't expect too much largesse in this aspect of the farce.

Best of luck and, most of all, enjoy!

...... 4218 4220 421942264227

Last edited:

Alistair20000

MEET THE TEAM

GA: Liz the Grecian

On Pitch Quiz Referee

Clue Consultant

Appeals & Reviews Panel/VAR Operators

Expert Analyser

Alistair20000

VAR GUIDANCE

If this screen flashes up the ball is in the net but the workings are missing or inadequate. Anyone is free to post up the workings to get a share of the points.

If this screen flashes up someone may be in trouble

Alistair20000

1 December Schedule

All being well the first clue will be pasted up at around 11:00 and if it goes quicker than anticipated a second clue may be offered later in the day. Must not interfere with the Grimsby scene of course.

Banksy

I’ll try to time the dog walks differently this year. ( Not that that will have any impact on my expected pathetic score.Maybe I’ll give the dog a try at the clues instead this year.)

Alistair20000

T
I’ll try to time the dog walks differently this year. ( Not that that will have any impact on my expected pathetic score.Maybe I’ll give the dog a try at the clues instead this year.)
Thinking of our canine friends, I have not seen Greyhound on these boards for a few days. Hope all is well with him.

Banksy

Hopefully he’s not too far afield and limbering up to coax any stray ball into an open net today.

Tim Long

Scott Golbourne.

Alistair20000

Scott Golbourne.
Welcome Tim

"The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth." ;) (Maybe)

iscalad

Welcome Tim

"The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth." ;) (Maybe)
Is it Scott Golbourne?