• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The end of the road for Tully?

Was that the header that he tipped over? I'm sure Tulls went over to congratulate Artur on a great save.
He definitely did

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was that the header that he tipped over? I'm sure Tulls went over to congratulate Artur on a great save.
It certainly didn't appear that way on the footage available.

MerleyRed

It was only a couple weeks ago that Tully was defending Artur after his error in the game against Swindon.

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/Tully-backs-keeper-mistake-hands-Swindon-win/story-13493340-detail/story.html

This could be dismissed as the required response to a question posed by a journalist, but it would nonetheless be hypocritical to then go behind his back and seek his removal from the team. I find this suggestion extremely difficult to believe.

Pete Martin (CTID)

You can have whatever view you like of the respective footballing skills and contributions of Tully and Noble but one thing is indisputable imo.....

.....Tully is a captain and Noble isn't.

Grecian2K

Not sure about the end of the road, but he sure caught the end of the elbow in the area during the second half today.

Shame that the biased Pooper-Hooper had his anti-City glasses on AGAIN

Joshyd123

Judging by the reaction that Tully gave Krysiak after Tulls knocked a poor cross out for a corner, I wouldn't agree. Telling Artur to 'f*ck off for f*ck sake' or similar words, would have done nothing for Artur's confidence. All that was needed was a simple head up, give me a shout next time and we'll get along fine!

Chudleigh Cannon

Agreed, whilst both are capable of a reckless red card, Tully is a trier, and will encourage and demand his team meates perform (not a petulant prima dona).

I noticed when we played at Yeovil Tully giving Noble a mouth full whilst preparing for a defensive corner, as Noble was leaning against the goal post, Tully was doing the pointing and shouting and the told Noble "that's your f*cking job" pretty straight talking.

Grecian2K

Telling Artur to 'f*ck off for f*ck sake' or similar words, would have done nothing for Artur's confidence!
Not too sure you are right there Josh.

Just ran said phrase through my (admittedly dodgy) Anglo-Polish translator and back and the answer can through as "Jolly good positioning Artur old bean but would you mind awfully coming out for the ball next time".

Perhaps it was such words of encouragement that inspired our keeper to such a couple of world-class saves in the second half?

Just a thought ;)

Ashford Grecian

There are plenty of other threads for the Noble "knockers" to have a pop at one of most consistent players this season :cool:

Chudleigh Cannon

There are plenty of other threads for the Noble "knockers" to have a pop at one of most consistent players this season :cool:
Consistently sh*t!