• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Drinkers and the Thinkers.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Logie and Dunne in coco's last night , letting there hair down after a bad day at the office or shouldnt be out if were bottom of the league and struggling ?

in the end of the day there human.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Logie and Dunne in coco's last night , letting there hair down after a bad day at the office or shouldnt be out if were bottom of the league and struggling ?

in the end of the day there human.
Fek me! I only travelled to Bury to watch the 'bad day at the office' and was so knackered when I got home mate, it was a coco and bed for me. If Dunney and Logie still had energy to have their 'bit of coco', where did I go wrong?

Langer

I imagine most pro footballers at league one level are on £750-£1000 a week minimum. That's plenty to pay a mortgage on a decent house with. If only most players realised that looking after themselves meant that coming to earth with a bump could be extended from 35 to 37/38+. They are also more likely to be taken more seriously as coaches if they wish to pursue that line if they've looked after themselves and had an extended career. Up to the players at the end of the day
Agree with most of that Dave but that would put them in the 40% tax bracket plus 10/15% to there agent dont leave to much as much as you would think.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
This thread is making me thirsty.

LammieLammieLammie

Well, it's Saturday night, and while some of us are here thinking about another defeat and how much it hurts, no doubt the drinkers will be out in town criticising their employers.

we're in it together lads, we need to pull in the same direction.

milts

Well, it's Saturday night, and while some of us are here thinking about another defeat and how much it hurts, no doubt the drinkers will be out in town criticising their employers.

we're in it together lads, we need to pull in the same direction.
So who are the big time drinkers then? By the sounds of it Logie, Nobel and Dunne??

Also, have players been criticising the club then?

LammieLammieLammie

Mate, I don't think it's a secret is it? Every Saturday night I get texts from mates in clubs (Yes, hard to beleive, but i do have mates young enough to go to clubs)

I'm fed up with it. Of course players have a beer, esp on a Saturday, but I do wish they would talk more discretly to fans on occasions.

milts

I wasn't aware they were criticising the club on regular basis. Anything/anyone they have a particular problem with? If I did my job as bad as they do there's on a regular basis, well i wud be jobless, but if i wasnt I'd be ashamed to criticise my employers.

LammieLammieLammie

Theyr'e footballers mate. They hate criticism. Paul Jones FB status tonight is interesting, he says , and of course, he may be lying, that because he's got a game on Tuesday, the Peterboro players are not allowed out tonight.

I'm just concerned that defeat isn't hurting enough for some of the players...Of course, I may be wrong, but I have a big thing about the "group" ethos. When 4 or 5 go out togther, the old factions creep in, and we stop pulling in the same direction.

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
but I do wish they would talk more discretly to fans on occasions.
Agreed, especially when some go round putting negative ideas in fans' heads. No City fan wants to hear their club disrespected, especially by those who are employed by the club. One example I know of was a player who will remain anonymous outside Arena nightclub, clearly tanked up, happily claiming that City are just "a stepping stone for me" and he went on to say "i'll be off in the summer", only to sign a new deal in the summer and in press releases claim that "i always wanted to stay here, leaving never crossed my mind". One of the problems, for me, seems to be that some of the players think they are bigger than the club. Wouldn't have happened in the Friend/Moxey era..