• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The David Wheeler Interview

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As promised, here's the interview with David Wheeler that Scott has done

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good interview.

David Wheeler is such a good bloke, and gave so much to City, much as I dislike Wycombe I almost want them to get promoted so he can play against QPR in the Championship.

Too honest to be a politician, though.

Wheeler! Wheeler!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am only five minutes in and Scott has asked David Wheeler for his views on press regulation; not a question that can productively be asked of many footballers! I really hope that when David eventually stops playing there is a role for him in football somewhere, not necessarily managing or coaching. he has so much to offer the game and the game desperately needs people like him in governing positions.

Rosencrantz

Very honest and enlightening interview. Obviously it should come with the following message..."Warning: Footballer with opinions"...for those that think footballers should only talk of football and nothing else 😉. Nice to have it confirmed that Woody prefers a 1-0.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another good interview obviously intelligent bloke - didn't like the booing when he returned with MK but I seem to remember him putting in a nasty tackle at some stage he did appear very wound up on the day

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another good interview obviously intelligent bloke - didn't like the booing when he returned with MK but I seem to remember him putting in a nasty tackle at some stage he did appear very wound up on the day
And IIRC was fairly ineffective.

The pantomime booing was a bit sad. If he'd come back with (almost) anyone else it wouldn't have happened.

i8cornwall

And IIRC was fairly ineffective.

The pantomime booing was a bit sad. If he'd come back with (almost) anyone else it wouldn't have happened.
Is the correct answer really, sure he wasn’t surprised by it nor do I think it was anything unjustified or that bad.

still like to hear his views on non football subjects mind.

STURTZ

One of the most gifted players I've seen at City. Interesting to note that despite his aerial prowess most of his goals were shots, usually low to the inside of the far post. So glad he gave Woody due praise, his accurate diagonal long range passing were so important to Wheelers success. The thing that comes across in all these interviews was how good Tisdale was with the players.

sign of the chimes

He came to us and never really got the chance to prove himself through a mixture of stop-start injuries and others performing at a higher level than they had done before. Clearly a smart and thoughtful guy, but like others was a bit disappointed he went to Milton Keynes. I guess that a) he had to try and continue earning a living, as most of us do and; b) we don't all share the same hills we're willing to die on. Regardless, I think football (and life in general) could do with more thoughtful people and wish him every success in the future.

StudentGrecian

I am only five minutes in and Scott has asked David Wheeler for his views on press regulation; not a question that can productively be asked of many footballers! I really hope that when David eventually stops playing there is a role for him in football somewhere, not necessarily managing or coaching. he has so much to offer the game and the game desperately needs people like him in governing positions.
Definitely a role for him in the PFA if he wants it I imagine.