• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The continuing saga of the scoreboard that seldom works

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Of course it hasn't been reported anywhere "official", but that's one of the issues with the Club (and the Trust) at the moment that they don't give out any information at all about things that are happening that might be of interest to fans (especially to those who have bought season tickets). If you disbelieve that this is taking place at the Mansfield game contact the Club and ask them to deny it. The whole situation with information at the moment is a complete and utter shambles, both from the Club and the Trust. It isn't helped by having a Chief Executive who either says too little or too much and who is ill advised by whoever is trying to deal with his shambolic dealings with the press. See also the recent thread about the E&E.
Agree the information out of the club isn't good. It wasn't so much that I doubted it, but I like to confirm stuff I haven't seen mentioned before. The Mansfield website confirms that the away end won't be open and they have an allocation of 200 in the ip office stand. They can get a pound off in advance or pay on the day.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree the information out of the club isn't good. It wasn't so much that I doubted it, but I like to confirm stuff I haven't seen mentioned before. The Mansfield website confirms that the away end won't be open and they have an allocation of 200 in the ip office stand. They can get a pound off in advance or pay on the day.
Any official confirmation yet from the TB or CB?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
It's on the clubs facebook page now

Some funny responses mentioning big or small Zero is still zero

denzel

On the official site. I like the idea; not sure why all the negativity.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
I like the idea, I'm just curious as to why it's taken so long to officially confirm it.

It all seems very James Bond at ECFC at times.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Never understand why a club needs a scoreboard to Be honest - everyone knows the score

Especially us with our 0.33 average goals scored per game at home this season

Avening Posse

I reckon they should stick a clip of the 89-90 team on at half time !!....and make the players sit in the stand and watch it, might inspire them to turn the home form around :)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
As its at no cost I think it's a good idea. Not sure where the optimum place would be however, it wouldn't work if we had to keep the away end closed to use it. A permanent one would I think need to be either in the gap between the old grandstand and big bank, in the corner where the control box currently is or if possible mounted on top of the Barnet away terrace once it is in place.

STURTZ

Can't see the point of a scoreboard, we should all know the score and if they don't then just ask the person next to them. We used to have selected games given a letter in the programme and numbers hung next to those numbers to give us half time scores. Might seem primitive but a lot more effective than our current information system.

Boyo

As its at no cost I think it's a good idea. Not sure where the optimum place would be however, it wouldn't work if we had to keep the away end closed to use it. A permanent one would I think need to be either in the gap between the old grandstand and big bank, in the corner where the control box currently is or if possible mounted on top of the Barnet away terrace once it is in place.
It may be at no cost, but where will any advertising income go? Are we essentially letting a third party use the ECFC brand to make money from local sponsors, whereas we should be pocketing that money. I don't know the answer to that, but just be wary of anything that is 'no cost'.