• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is Dial M for Merthyr still going?
Not sure...Wow that is a blast from the past 😁

I always hoped we would play Merthyr in the FAC or more likely the FA Trophy during our time in the Conference,alas it was not to be.
Pendarren Park is a decent ground too.I visited Merthyr a few times in the 1980s when my sister in law lived there.
A rough tough place was a understated description of the town.

*Johnny Owens Statue is in the shopping centre.I made a point of visiting it on my last visit about 10 years ago.

Last edited:

i8cornwall

Is Dial M for Merthyr still going?
it actually is, think they make 4 issues a year. They put a lot of the past articles on there site for free, not sure if you can buy past issues on there mind.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wrexham trust members vote for discussion with a company wanting to invest in the club

DB9

Wrexham trust members vote for discussion with a company wanting to invest in the club

So the membership voted in favour of talks? Good for them, Whatever the outcome and even if a takeover is rejected their Trust are doing this in the right way, Involving their membership/fans along the whole process. Mind it is a strange time for someone wanting to inject circa £2m into a football club.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So the membership voted in favour of talks? Good for them, Whatever the outcome and even if a takeover is rejected their Trust are doing this in the right way, Involving their membership/fans along the whole process. Mind it is a strange time for someone wanting to inject circa £2m into a football club.
We get the names. Somewhat surreal?

Rosencrantz

You could have been guessing forever before coming up with those names.

DB9

Why would two actors and well known ones be interested in a NL club from Wales?

iscalad

Why would two actors and well known ones be interested in a NL club from Wales?
Bit like why would Michael Jackson support City?

DB9

Bit like why would Michael Jackson support City?
I can't see it as bad as that circus, Wrexham are doing things right though, They've agreed to talks and not committed to anything, I'm sure the club has people in their Trust/Board that will really look into any potential deal closely.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The National League meet at 2pm about starting the season. This is a statement the NL North