• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Captain's armband....

hillview red

I wonder where it will go for the next few weeks.... Personally I'd probably restore Danny to the team, hand him the armband and say "Lead us to League 1"... Surely that would inspire a response?

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got to be Deano, surely?

manc grecian

Get Andy Taylor back

spodman

Got to be Deano, surely?
Agreed, best man for the job!

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

We need 11 leaders. We also need Matty T to travel to all games so he can be part of the day and gee the players up.

Gutted.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not Deano, great player and puts his heart in for City but I just don't see him in the organising role. Step forward Paul Jones IMO :)

LammieLammieLammie

Deano, Gilly and Rob are pretty much the only outfield players guaranteed to start every game arn't they?

spodman

Not Deano, great player and puts his heart in for City but I just don't see him in the organising role. Step forward Paul Jones IMO :)
It's the Manager's job to organise, the captain's is to lead by example hence why Matt Taylor is such a good choice and why Deano would be a good substitute IMHO!

hillview red

Agreed that Deano is the obvious candidate but I don't think it will really affect his performance that much and Tis is of the philosophy that the armband can add 10%.

hillview red

Deano, Gilly and Rob are pretty much the only outfield players guaranteed to start every game arn't they?
Marcus Stewart has to start (Law 45b Subsection C)