• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The big bank

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cowshed is incomparible, given the excellent acoustics of the low tin roof and being closer to the away fans. Not necessarily who was standing in there in the time but the architecture of the stadium instead. If we ever redevelop the ground I would love to see an atmosphere taken into account given we're 'fans-owned'.

English home atmospheres are generally ****e these days, not helped by soulless seated grounds, that's based on a decent amount of aways I've been to. Palace are the ony ones with a decent home atmosphere (Stoke's over rates hyped up by Sky support is very average in reality). You would hope that some sort of version of ultra support would start to happen at the top level and filter it's way down, the German and Dutch scene are relatively new and see excellent. We stand out alone now, especially with Scotland's three decent groups now. For this to happen and work though it needs to be the right people and for a club like city it needs to be a trend in football generally, until then fans will stick with what they know.

I love a traditional English atmosphere when you find one though, with the fans next to each other even though that's a rare occurance these days. JPT vs Argyle being the best of those.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well put, Aldershot always have a good atmosphere as there stand is perfect for making noise and the fans are next to each other.
Yeah and they also have a small group leading it...

CityTillIDie

If this banner is made (which unfortunately I doubt will be) you could make it with a stick at each end so its easy to hold up?!