• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The BBC

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is worth a listen:

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED

Ignore the tweet, it's not, as suggested therein, a case of a mic inadvertently being left on. This is from a podcast featuring Talk TV presenter Mike Graham, who is amongst those who thinks Gary Lineker 'overstepped the mark'. Extraordinary.
He is the one that thinks you can grow concrete isn't he?

angelic upstart

He is the one that thinks you can grow concrete isn't he?
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:I'd forgot about that. What a ****.

I haven't listened to what he said but it's bound to be amusing.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:I'd forgot about that. What a ****.

I haven't listened to what he said but it's bound to be amusing.
Only in a what-an-absolute-arse kind of way!

DB9

Now the Lineker thing is sorted, Poor Fiona Bruce is in the firing line now.

fred binneys head

Not sure I’d say “poor” Fiona Bruce, she made a massive error of judgement. Any presenter should know better than to say what she said but, given her role at Shelter, it’s even more surprising that it came from her.

And let’s not forget this is a man that Boris thinks deserves a knighthood.

DB9

Not sure I’d say “poor” Fiona Bruce, she made a massive error of judgement. Any presenter should know better than to say what she said but, given her role at Shelter, it’s even more surprising that it came from her.

And let’s not forget this is a man that Boris thinks deserves a knighthood.
The problem is (I think) is that someone said this about Johnson snr, He himself was never interviewed by police or went to court over it or ever commented about this incident and since his wife has passed away we'll never know the truth and what Ms Bruce had to say was just that Jonhson snr has never made comment about it and a "Friend" said "It only happened once" It all again comes down to impartiality and her being a News Journalist. Someone on QT asked whether Johnson snr should be given a Knighthood by his son and this is how it all came about.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
St Gary can then set up his own TV/wireless company to broadcast his views whether political of otherwise.
Maybe St Gary could set up his own broadcasting company , Just how much did he get from Qatar for fronting the Champions League alone . . £1.6 Million !
How much did he earn from the World Cup ?

Didn't hear an awful lot from him on immigrant workers treated as slaves for little money and even less of the 6500 workers who died building the stadiums.

DB9

Maybe St Gary could set up his own broadcasting company , Just how much did he get from Qatar for fronting the Champions League alone . . £1.6 Million !
How much did he earn from the World Cup ?

Didn't hear an awful lot from him on immigrant workers treated as slaves for little money and even less of the 6500 workers who died building the stadiums.
Think you did when the first programme of the WC on the BBC started, This was one reason people said about the BBC itself, They let him air his views on Qatar on hosting the WC and all their HR issues and never santioned him but santioned him over the chaneel crossings.

Thought he worked for BT Sport for the CL?

Alistair20000

St Gary missing the BBC FA Cup scene today as he has lost his voice.

DB9

St Gary missing the BBC FA Cup scene today as he has lost his voice.
If you heard him yesterday that was on the cards, He was sounding rough as hell, I'd imagine he wouldn't of done yesterday's game but because of what happened last week he probably had no choice but to front the programme.