• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The BBC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The person that does those video's is a failed broadcaster who now just shouts crap at morons on Youtube.

I remember he did one bitching about Marcus Rashford pressing for poor kids to be fed during the pandemic.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
"BBC Studios is nothing, nothing to do with the BBC"
BBC Studios is a British content company and commercial subsidiary of the BBC Group.

"for the profit of the BBC; not our profit"
The BBC Studios production division was formed in 2016 and launched as a commercial entity in 2017, enabling it to produce programming for other broadcasters and services to generate profit to return to the BBC to supplement licence fee income.
The company is on track to meet its five year target of returning £1.2bn to the BBC by 2021/2022. BBC Studios has committed to growing this total by a further 30% to a new target of £1.5bn in the five years from 2022/2023.
The BBC is established under a Royal Charter and operates under its Agreement with the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. Its work is funded principally by an annual television licence fee which is charged to all British households, companies, and organisations using any type of equipment to receive or record live television broadcasts and iPlayer catch-up. The fee is set by the British Government, agreed by Parliament, and used to fund the BBC's radio, TV, and online services covering the nations and regions of the UK. Since 1 April 2014, it has also funded the BBC World Service (launched in 1932 as the BBC Empire Service), which broadcasts in 28 languages and provides comprehensive TV, radio, and online services in Arabic and Persian.

"Just entertain us ... I know you think you are there to inform and entertain and on this channel we would never dream of being arrogant enough to inform anybody of anything"
Says 'The voice of reason'. :unsure:

Yea right.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Matey strikes me as a bit of an Indo type with his rants.

Why does he present at an angle ?

LOG

Anyone who claims to be the voice of reason rarely is.

DB9

My good lady thinks she is!

Alistair20000

Indeed. Just as a country that has "Democratic" in the name rarely is.

angelic upstart

angelic upstart

The purge of the white male continues at pace.
What do you mean by this? If you mean younger people that once played football and have retired now aren't all white anymore, it stands something like 40% of premier League players aren't white. So it stands to reason that a similar amount of pundits wouldn't be.

DB9

The link has been taken down but i assume its Alex Belfield, I've watched quite a few of his videos and his take on celebrity culture is spot on but when it comes to the BBC he does have a very big axe to grind, He worked for them for years but got the boot (Not sure why) and at the moment has accused them of trying to get him arrested and shut his channel down, There is an ongoing case so anything he puts up about them is totally biased. He does mind have a very big following on Youtube (Over 200k subscribers) that is where he's making his money so in the end, Say stuff that can be seen as contraversial and up go your subscribers and more money you make.