• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The BBC

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
This.

I do not have a problem with GWL and others practising tax mitigation or tax avoidance. If HMRC catches up with them and defeats the strategies so be it. Just stop lecturing us on morals and morality please.
I do believe you're having a Friday rant, Ali 🙄
Seems to be more contagious than our mate the dreaded lurgy . Try a small tot of whisky : it's a great vaccine.
I don't follow Lineker stuff at all so will not butt in.

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

This.

I do not have a problem with GWL and others practising tax mitigation or tax avoidance. If HMRC catches up with them and defeats the strategies so be it. Just stop lecturing us on morals and morality please.
I'm sure you'd be able to find some dirt on anyone who takes advantage of their public profile to offer their thoughts on how the world might be a better place - after all, no-one's perfect.

Cancel culturists take exception to the message, presumably because the it challenges their comfy, privileged status quo, and so assassinate the messenger.

Alistair20000

I do believe you're having a Friday rant, Ali 🙄
Seems to be more contagious than our mate the dreaded lurgy . Try a small tot of whisky : it's a great vaccine.
I don't follow Lineker stuff at all so will not butt in.
As you have not ranted today I have stepped up to the plate.

I have a nice Ardmore to try this evening. (y)

IndoMike

As you have not ranted today I have stepped up to the plate.

I have a nice Ardmore to try this evening. (y)
Oooo errr missus...

My ranting has diminished significantly. With Trump out of the way (theoretically) my level of seething has diminished, but I'm sure that Johnson, Coco the Clown et al will
provide sufficient cause for annoyance.
By the way, Coco wants to have complete control of the NHS..That should be fun. Don't get ill, FGS.

Alistair20000

Oooo errr missus...

My ranting has diminished significantly. With Trump out of the way (theoretically) my level of seething has diminished, but I'm sure that Johnson, Coco the Clown et al will
provide sufficient cause for annoyance.
By the way, Coco wants to have complete control of the NHS..That should be fun. Don't get ill, FGS.
Coco (Erik Lamela) plays for Spurs Indo.

Are you referring to Matt Hancock (To55er) ?

IndoMike

I am indeed.
I think it's the Star that calls him "Coco the Clown" and I rather like that...

Alistair20000

I am indeed.
I think it's the Star that calls him "Coco the Clown" and I rather like that...
Trouble is, Hancock (To55er) looks nothing like Coco.

IndoMike

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
You have not read around the subject enough Hants.
I don't pretend to know a lot about this, but presume you are alluding to one of the Ingenious Media film schemes.

As I understand it, these were legal at the time Lineker and others entered into them and commended by IFAs, accountants, and banks. The law has since been changed, retrospectively, and as a result, those who invested now have tax owing. As far as I'm aware, there's no suggestion Lineker hasn't settled up accordingly.

I'm not sure it's a great look, but, at the same time, I don't see why it should preclude you from voicing an opinion on Europe or refugees.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
The programme on Trump tonight is what the BBC does best. Gets access to the people at the heart of it all - Bolton, Bannon, Kushner, President Hollande and many others - and produces a fast paced doc. Ok you may think there is a spin and an agenda to the doc, but fascinating stuff.