• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The BBC

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's a shame that the BBC has become so politized, I can sort of understand the so called "Biased" argument but I and others on here have said if both left and right think it is then it is just about even. The wages thing, Again yes people are paid well but it's the entertaining industry and pay will always be eye watering compared to the man on the street but anyone in high profile roles, Not just in TV are paid well, It's life. My gripe is content, The amount of cheaply made programmes, Repeats that fill the schedule daily from morning till evening and also the box ticking exercise they do to be "Trendy" Watch W1A, It's satirical but I think very close to the mark. You are there for the whole nation and funded by them, Not just certain people who fit into your focus groups run by people who've only ever been to Uni.

DB9

"The launch episode of this year's Strictly Come Dancing was watched by an average of 8.6 million viewers, according to overnight ratings."

This is what the BBC is good at and shows if they put the effort into more programmes like these for a Saturday night people will watch. I don't watch it myself but can appreciate that others do.

Spoonz Red E

"The launch episode of this year's Strictly Come Dancing was watched by an average of 8.6 million viewers, according to overnight ratings."

This is what the BBC is good at and shows if they put the effort into more programmes like these for a Saturday night people will watch. I don't watch it myself but can appreciate that others do.
I absolutely agree and all power to its elbow.

Just as well the ratings weren't poor though as it could then have been condemned by some as having 'a youtuber, a lefty MP, a tik tok star, a lefty comedian, 2 black women and an asian woman' among the contestants.
'BBC tokenism at its worst'

;)

Last edited:

DB9

I absolutely agree and all power to it's elbow.

Just as well the ratings weren't poor though as it could then have been condemned by some as having a youtuber, a lefty MP, a tik tok star, a lefty comedian, 2 black women and an asian women among the contestants.
'BBC tokenism at it's worst'

;)
Why anyone gives a fig about who signs up I'll never know, Some i know, Some i don't but at least those signed up are better than the Merry go round of Z lists they do on ITV's crappy efforts.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
All I ever see is right wingers complaining that the BBC is to left wing, and left wingers complaining it's too right wing. Leads me to believe it's pretty balanced on the whole.
Today it seems equally divided what with the Beeb's latest effort..

I add this link only because at 11.20 "this morning" I was eating breakfast alongside my son and two former work colleagues in the "Dockle Farmhouse" ('spoon's) at Greenbridge, Swindon, when this bloke nearly caused me to choke on a sausage. It appears that Professer John Ashton is still the BBC's medical go-to despite the Tories had issues with him as far back as 2012.

DB9

Today it seems equally divided what with the Beeb's latest effort..

I add this link only because at 11.20 "this morning" I was eating breakfast alongside my son and two former work colleagues in the "Dockle Farmhouse" ('spoon's) at Greenbridge, Swindon, when this bloke nearly caused me to choke on a sausage. It appears that Professer John Ashton is still the BBC's medical go-to despite the Tories had issues with him as far back as 2012.

The programme didn't appeal so we didn't watch it and as for 11.20am Breakfast, Words fail me!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
........ and as for 11.20am Breakfast, Words fail me!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You've led a sheltered life DB as many establishments serve breakfast virtually round the clock - and you talk to someone who'd readily use a pizza as a discus ;)

Much, much earlier when you were probably still in the land of Nod I was tying up the loose ends of the purchase of a car which I take delivery on Friday :)

DB9

You've led a sheltered life DB as many establishments serve breakfast virtually round the clock - and you talk to someone who'd readily use a pizza as a discus ;)

Much, much earlier when you were probably still in the land of Nod
I was tying up the loose ends of the purchase of a car which I take delivery on Friday :)
No, I'm not takng that, I'm up at 6am every morning (Well my wife bringing me breakfast in bed :)) then since i have time off to the gym by 7.30am i'll have you know! ;):whistle::)

Tim Long

Looks like the planned cuts in local BBC output are happening. A very emotional Justin Leigh had his last appearance on Spotlight last night, it would appear that the nightly local news programmes are being cut down to one presenter, so the time served white middle aged man had to go I suppose 🙄. Harry Gration has also been axed from his local BBC presenting job up north somewhere as well.
And another today announcing he's taken voluntary redundancy, Spotlight's Hamish Marshall. Or "that Scots git" as my mother used to refer to him.

Having just watched the FA Cup draw, it struck me how the BBC looks out for white, middle aged men.

I'm all for rehabilitation and giving a second chance but if, say, Alex Scott had shot John Lennon do you honestly think she would be hosting the show?