• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The BBC

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
That’s the one Mike.
It’s the report which found no evidence of Ministers unduly influencing the awarding of contracts. Other investigations are coming down the line, so fingers crossed you can point to one of those in the future to back up your argument. Keep the faith though. 👍
I wouldn't say lack of transparency was something to crow about, Tavers. Of course, if you fast forward your mates for contracts and then say "But it was all done in the best possible taste" then you can get away with it if you're Government, the same as Priti Awful did when she was charged with bullying and Cummings did regarding the infamous "Specsavers" trip.....and the same as Blair did too re Iraq.
The word "whitewash" was created for a reason, Tavers. But I do respect your loyalty to Johnson and his gang of authoritarian misfits : at least you don't sit on the fence. I like that 👍, even though you're misguided in my opinion 😉

IndoMike

I think you just responded Indo. :)

Just saying like.
Not your best work, Ali. I hope you produce better for the Tedburn Extremely Reactionary Times ( Supplement ).

Spoonz Red E

Not your best work, Ali. I hope you produce better for the Tedburn Extremely Reactionary Times ( Supplement ).
Other civil parish newsletters are available ...
Terse statement to follow courtesy of the
Tedburn Extreme Radical Supplementary Extra

IndoMike

Other civil parish newsletters are available ...
Terse statement to follow courtesy of the
Tedburn Extreme Radical Supplementary Extra
Believe it or not, Spoonz, I was thinking of doing an acronym - type thingy too, but the end result came out as something rather rude. I wouldn't want to spend a week in the stocks with Lord Ali hurling rotten cider apples at me every day, so I decided that diplomacy was the better option.

Alistair20000

Believe it or not, Spoonz, I was thinking of doing an acronym - type thingy too, but the end result came out as something rather rude. I wouldn't want to spend a week in the stocks with Lord Ali hurling rotten cider apples at me every day, so I decided that diplomacy was the better option.
This is very out of character for you Mikey :unsure:

IndoMike

This is very out of character for you Mikey :unsure:
I speak truth to power ..

DB9

Genuine question, What is a "Gender & Identity" correspondent? Only asking because on the BBC News website there's a story by one.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Genuine question, What is a "Gender & Identity" correspondent? Only asking because on the BBC News website there's a story by one.
Someone who reports on news relating to gender and identity.

DB9

Someone who reports on news relating to gender and identity.
That's both genders I presume?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's both genders I presume?
All genders, I would assume.