• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Once he said "Once a Grecian ALWAYS a Grecian" and MT picked him up from a night club and now ..........
"Exeter are the main threat, and there are other very good teams pushing us."

Er Kane, no its just us.

STURTZ

How about this for an idea?
Widely considered that we need a point at Northants in order to have a title chance they must be desperate that we turn up for the P V game. We agree with Northants that if we settle for a draw there we will actually try against Vale. Unless they give us a point we go on the **** and help them to the other auto spot. Reasonable or perhaps slightly cynical?😏

Trapdoor

We are gonna win the league. I believe in these lads.

Banksy

We are gonna win the league. I believe in these lads.
Well , they’ve certainly got the grit and character to do it , that’s been proved in spades. And they can play and express themselves without fear now against Northampton and PV.
Pity we haven’t got the better GD though rather than FG which would have given us the edge.

jimmy

Is there any more prize money for being Champions?

Am I now just being greedy!?!

iscalad

Is there any more prize money for being Champions?

Am I now just being greedy!?!
No more money. Just glory

geoffwp

I completely agree. Call me a pessimist but while my heart says autos my head tells me play offs. I think our team IS good enough to go up but I do honestly feel we probably will just fall short of it. I hope not.
Glad I didnt say anything about eating a hat. Always good when your pessimism is proven wrong!

denzel

Well , they’ve certainly got the grit and character to do it , that’s been proved in spades. And they can play and express themselves without fear now against Northampton and PV.
Pity we haven’t got the better GD though rather than FG which would have given us the edge.
The goal difference will only matter if (God forbid) we lose and FG draw.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seven points from the next three games looks achievable and will get us back in the mix for the play-offs. The problem is then we would still need to average nearly 2 points a game for the last 20 points to get close to 80 points. The other issue is that we have no chance of catching Forest Green and Tranmere are starting to look very strong and could well be soon nailed on for second place which leaves us amongst a large group of teams competing for third.
If we're playing the game of quoting our old posts, then this one from page 2 of this thread hasn't stood the test of time very well! Glad I'm not a betting man.