• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought Rowe looked very composed yesterday and with more game time can get better. To rest Matt Jay wouldn't be a bad thing as he looked half a yard off the pace yesterday and could do with the rest. Just wish we had a young striker out on loan somewhere we could recall as we did with Rowe as I'm yet to be impressed with Zanzala or Phillips.
We have two, Cox and Hanson, but both are probably not quite ready for league football.

LDNGrecian

We have two, Cox and Hanson, but both are probably not quite ready for league football.
And Seymour!

Good shout, but as you say not quite ready to recall, so perhaps time to try and give Ben Seymour another run out as LDNGrecian mentioned :unsure:

• Wow
Reactions: Ash

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good shout, but as you say not quite ready to recall, so perhaps time to try and give Ben Seymour another run out as LDNGrecian mentioned :unsure:
Ben Seymour hasn't been featuring for Bath so is presumably still injured.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have just done a rough assessment of each team currently in the top 10.

In doing so while having no crystal ball available I have attempted to make allowances for the acknowledged vagaries of football that is unexpected, unlikely results and Coupon busters.

So all very unscientific but for what it is worth I found that I finished up with 5 of the current top 10, excluding FGR who I think will stay up front and finish out on their own but including City, finishing on 79 points and another 2 with 77 points.

As I said very unscientific but it did reinforce my own opinion that to avoid being in such a log jam at the finish we probably do need to get 80 points.
Just had another look unless FGR dive into relegation type form neither ourselves or any other team have any chance of catching them so it is a question of who goes up with them.

IMHO I think it will be ourselves and Northampton the biggest challenge to us both being Mansfield.

However Mansfield have to play FGR twice so it will be very much in our interests for them to win both those games.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just had another look unless FGR dive into relegation type form neither ourselves or any other team have any chance of catching them so it is a question of who goes up with them.

IMHO I think it will be ourselves and Northampton the biggest challenge to us both being Mansfield.

However Mansfield have to play FGR twice so it will be very much in our interests for the latter to win both those games.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I'm yet to be impressed with Zanzala or Phillips.
Zanzala is no goalscorer, and reminds me a bit of a lower league Shola Ameobi, always looks just about ready to trip over his own feet, or the ball, and then manages to play a ball or wriggle past a defender when it looks impossible. He works opposition defenders just as much a Sam Nombe, and is a more than able deputy.

Incidentally, everyone banging on about missing the goal threat of Nombe (I am a fan, before anyone starts), how many has he managed to score this season?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Zanzala is no goalscorer, and reminds me a bit of a lower league Shola Ameobi, always looks just about ready to trip over his own feet, or the ball, and then manages to play a ball or wriggle past a defender when it looks impossible. He works opposition defenders just as much a Sam Nombe, and is a more than able deputy.

Incidentally, everyone banging on about missing the goal threat of Nombe (I am a fan, before anyone starts), how many has he managed to score this season?
Agree with you about Zanzala. Phillips remains an enigma he definitely has the potential and on each occasion when he has played he has been a threat at least once and with a little luck would have broken his scoring duck by now.

However on Saturday shortly after coming on after running on to a pass from Brown just inside the Stevenage half he made a poor decision continuing to run on and ignoring Coley running to his left who was completely unmarked and had a clear run in on goal.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with you about Zanzala. Phillips remains an enigma he definitely has the potential and on each occasion when he has played he has been a threat at least once and with a little luck would have broken his scoring duck by now.

However on Saturday shortly after coming on after running on to a pass from Brown just inside the Stevenage half he made a poor decision continuing to run on and ignoring Coley running to his left who was completely unmarked and had a clear run in on goal.
He scored at Bradford. But agree he's got potential but needs game time and good coaching

budegrecian

Philips scored against Bradford