• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now 2nd and still to play the teams currently in 17th, 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd spots
If we were somehow to win all 5 of those games we would be on at least 79 points with two games of the season left and looking very likely to get promoted!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Something that might cheer you up if looking for omens we have lost Sam with 13 games left to play.

When we won the 4th Division Championship by 10 clear points, season 89/90, we lost our leading scorer Darren Rowbotham and although we had a very strong team, he was and had been throughout the season our most influential player, also with 13 games left to play.
If we are looking for omens a key player in a double promotion winning team, arguably the most important, was a left-footed centre-half who moved forward to play a crucial role in central midfield. Is it time for Alex Hartridge to fill the hole in midfield?

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting that when Grecian near Hell started the thread we were 9th….

This looks good!

Attachments

LDNGrecian

Lack of centre mid options is what worries me. No Taylor, Kite, Atangana and maybe Dieng? Who’s going to partner Collins in midfield? Key? Diabate? Hartridge? Jay?

fred binneys head

Needs to be someone who is confident with their passing. Diabate isn’t ready for that in my view.

SaintJames

Needs to be someone who is confident with their passing. Diabate isn’t ready for that in my view.
one option is to put Sweenz into a holding midfield role as he has game intelligence and good passing and then put Diabate into the right of a back three. The downside is it disrupts a very good back line?

fred binneys head

Sweenz would be my preference over Hartridge, Stubbs and diabate. Not ideal though.

scottus86

We have to win our five remaining home games and a win a Carlisle because the other away games will be tough, if we can draw two and lose two we'd get 20 points from that run. It's a big ask though.

scottus86

As for the defensive midfielder conundrum. I can only see Dyer getting recalled and playing there.