• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sutton now have three home games in a week..Bristol Rovers, Salford and then a top of the table clash against Forest Green..I think they will get at least 7 points from these three games which makes the run for third place autos even tighter
The challenge is difficult for us anyway, regardless of next week and other teams efforts.

We have Swindon, Orient home then the Bantams away where I would like a return of at least 7 points as well. Two of Sutton's games are against fellow top 10 pack members so any result can help us, obviously I hope for a win for the Gas and draw against Salford and defeat against the Vegans, but you know Sutton better than most and even after the next three matches there are a further 16 matches (48 points) left for Sutton and 17 (51 points) for the Grecians, still all to play for despite the meltdown on Exeweb should we falter again!

Week beginning 8th March we have three home matches all in a row Swindon, Salford and Crawley, finishing the week with an away match to Oldham, now that could be a good points haul to boost our charge

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sutton now have three home games in a week..Bristol Rovers, Salford and then a top of the table clash against Forest Green..I think they will get at least 7 points from these three games which makes the run for third place autos even tighter
I doubt they will get 7 points, they didn't impress me much at their place.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I doubt they will get 7 points, they didn't impress me much at their place.
They don't seem to impress anyone. But they win games somehow. As Napoleon allegedly said, " I would rather have a general who is lucky than one who is good".;)

malcolms

They don't seem to impress anyone. But they win games somehow. As Napoleon allegedly said, " I would rather have a general who is lucky than one who is good".;)
Yep, they find a way, which is the name of the game.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, they find a way, which is the name of the game.
Aren't they the team that have won the most games in the dying minutes this season?

Red red

A lot to play for still. Remember last season how far Bolton were back. We can do this with a fair wind

Banksy

Back to back promotions from the National League has been done before.😜

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Back to back promotions from the National League has been done before.😜
Indeed. History remembers success, not being impressive.

malcolms

I've seen Sutton a dozen times this season and they are not a pretty team, but they are really effective..Physical without being dirty, they bully teams with their collective commitment. I won't say they will be promoted automatically, but of all the teams I've seen, they would be the one I'd put money to get something out of a game. Small squad, even smaller budget, means a siege mentality not unlike Wimbledon, neighbours from back when. If we could graft on something of their 'collective commitment' the extra quality we possess would really make a difference..

Banksy

All I can say is good luck to Sutton making the best of what they’ve got unlike the likes of Salford throwing a never ending flow of money at it. I’d sooner they go up with that commitment , as long as it’s not at our expense of course!