• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mansfield lose one and it’s 81 any points dropped by Rovers and Northampton and the maximum we will need will remain at 81. So realistically the magic number looks as if it will be 81.
May not be a bad thing if Vale can beat Bristol Rovers on Monday that would practically kill another team off.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like FGR have COVID in the camp.
COYR

Cowshed Grecian

May not be a bad thing if Vale can beat Bristol Rovers on Monday that would practically kill another team off.
I can’t see the logic in that. Happy for Rovers to go and beat Port Vale and FGR.

Red Devon

I can’t see the logic in that. Happy for Rovers to go and beat Port Vale and FGR.
Rovers can still get 82 points by winning all their games…the fewer teams we have within striking distance of ourselves the better!

Rosencrantz

Rovers can still get 82 points by winning all their games…the fewer teams we have within striking distance of ourselves the better!
We can get 83 points by winning two games. I'd rather Rovers take points from Vale trust in ourselves to see us clear of Rovers.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only scenario I care about is the one that when the final whistle is blown at home to port vale,we are in the top three,
I’m getting greedy and would quite like us to wrap up promotion by the end of the Barrow game.

Colesman Ballz

, +24
But Vale are the bigger threat to us making the autos, they can still get to 87 pts by winning their last four games. We have a healthy goal difference advantage over Brizzle too +24 to their +12, so we need just 5pts from our last 5 games to get rid of their threat. Even the Cobblers can only get to 82 pts, the only teams that we should remotely worry about are the Vegans (max 94), Vale (max 87) and Mansfield (max 84). Finishing above just one of those teams should mean automatic promotion, which hopefully we all be irrelevant when we have been crowned Champions anyway ! :p

Last edited:

Red Devon

We can get 83 points by winning two games. I'd rather Rovers take points from Vale trust in ourselves to see us clear of Rovers.
Agree, but football is an unpredictable sport which is why I won’t take anything for granted.

Colesman Ballz

Agree, but football is an unpredictable sport which is why I won’t take anything for granted.
But your logic of Vale winning would make our job unnecessarily harder ? Doh ! :unsure:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m getting greedy and would quite like us to wrap up promotion by the end of the Barrow game.
And so it shall pass.