• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely to God it must be Angel Delight Butterscotch flavour of course!
Save some for me !

Bridgy 81

I’m in, as long as it isn’t one of those parties where everyone throws their car keys into the fruit bowl.
Ticket bought.
It’s firmly in my pocket (with my car keys).

older-codger

Back on topic that Vale result Tuesday night has rather put the cat amongst the pigeons.

For what it is worth my jottings now have (predicted points totals with 2 games left to play) City 80 points, Vale 77 and Mansfield 76 with predicted final totals after all games have been played as City 81, Vale 79 and Mansfield 78.

The potential final total for each Club based on winning their last two games being City 86, Vale 83 and Mansfield 82 which if correct will mean nothing would be settled until the whistles have been blown on the final games of the season.

That said I have been deliberately slightly pessimistic with my City predictions:

A Carlisle 1, H Colchester 1, A Tranmere 1, H Rochdale 3, H Barrow 3, A Northampton 0 and H Vale 1 = 10.

Vale: H Oldham 3, A Hartlepool 1, H Rovers 1, A Walsall 3, H Newport 1 and A City 1 = 10.

Mansfield: A Scunthorpe 3, H Sutton 1, A Carlisle 3, H Crawley 3, H Stevenage, A Salford 1 and H FGR 1 = 12

Wins for us against Carlisle and Colchester would however change the picture dramatically.

Vale have a couple of difficult games coming away to Pools and home to Rovers and Mansfield have Sutton at home Salford away and FGR at home although the latter will by then probably be mentally and possibly physically on the beach lol.

I did do a similar exercise for Northampton, Rovers, Tranmere, Swindon, Newport and Sutton but as in my wisdom !!? I had each of them, with two games left, sitting on 6 points or less below City’s projected total at that stage, decided they should not be a threat to our finishing in the autos.

This of course means that one or possibly two will go on a record breaking run and leave me looking very embarrassed still that’s football and as summed up perfectly by the matchless Greavsie it really is “a funny old game”……UTC.
Sexton, you haven't allowed any points for Mansfield against Stevenage. If you presume a win for Mansfield that increases their points before the final games to 14, making a total of 80.

We would also be on a total of 80 and Vale on 79.

In that case it would put a lot of pressure on the last games. If we lose to Vale they would be on 82 and we would still be on 80. Mansfield would only need to draw with FGR as you predict and we would finish out of the autos!

Leet's hope you are wrong!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Back on topic that Vale result Tuesday night has rather put the cat amongst the pigeons.

For what it is worth my jottings now have (predicted points totals with 2 games left to play) City 80 points, Vale 77 and Mansfield 76 with predicted final totals after all games have been played as City 81, Vale 79 and Mansfield 78.

The potential final total for each Club based on winning their last two games being City 86, Vale 83 and Mansfield 82 which if correct will mean nothing would be settled until the whistles have been blown on the final games of the season.

That said I have been deliberately slightly pessimistic with my City predictions:

A Carlisle 1, H Colchester 1, A Tranmere 1, H Rochdale 3, H Barrow 3, A Northampton 0 and H Vale 1 = 10.

Vale: H Oldham 3, A Hartlepool 1, H Rovers 1, A Walsall 3, H Newport 1 and A City 1 = 10.

Mansfield: A Scunthorpe 3, H Sutton 1, A Carlisle 3, H Crawley 3, H Stevenage, A Salford 1 and H FGR 1 = 12

Wins for us against Carlisle and Colchester would however change the picture dramatically.

Vale have a couple of difficult games coming away to Pools and home to Rovers and Mansfield have Sutton at home Salford away and FGR at home although the latter will by then probably be mentally and possibly physically on the beach lol.

I did do a similar exercise for Northampton, Rovers, Tranmere, Swindon, Newport and Sutton but as in my wisdom !!? I had each of them, with two games left, sitting on 6 points or less below City’s projected total at that stage, decided they should not be a threat to our finishing in the autos.

This of course means that one or possibly two will go on a record breaking run and leave me looking very embarrassed still that’s football and as summed up perfectly by the matchless Greavsie it really is “a funny old game”……UTC.
I said the other day SB we need to win one more away game, otherwise winning 3 home games maybe more difficult than it looks.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just realised I forgot to type in my predicted 3 points for the Mansfield v Stevenage game lol.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sexton, you haven't allowed any points for Mansfield against Stevenage. If you presume a win for Mansfield that increases their points before the final games to 14, making a total of 80.

We would also be on a total of 80 and Vale on 79.

In that case it would put a lot of pressure on the last games. If we lose to Vale they would be on 82 and we would still be on 80. Mansfield would only need to draw with FGR as you predict and we would finish out of the autos!

Leet's hope you are wrong!
O-C I have just realised that too a major senior moment. I hope I am wrong too and that my pessimistic approach to City’s results will prove to be unjustified.

STURTZ

That list of teams looks very doable to me, Look out Championship here we come!

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I said the other day SB we need to win one more away game, otherwise winning 3 home games maybe more difficult than it looks.
Totally agree and I think our best chance may well be at Carlisle where we have a relatively decent record.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks at League 1 working out where Argyle can lose points obviously! 😂
Also looks at permutations of the bottom of the Championship as to who potentially we could be playing in L1.

Red Devon

Also looks at permutations of the bottom of the Championship as to who potentially we could be playing in L1.
I don’t want to put the cart before the horse but we haven’t played Barnsley since 1981