• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tough seven.I’ll go ten points , can’t see us getting anything out of the Vale and Oldham games , we seem to have negative vibes with those teams.And I’m banking on us winning the two home games and getting a win draw and loss from any permutation of the other three games..Fact is we have to start beating the likes of Port Vale and Oldham if we’re really promotion contenders let alone overhaul FGR.
Needless to say, Sam’s injury
Tough seven.I’ll go ten points , can’t see us getting anything out of the Vale and Oldham games , we seem to have negative vibes with those teams.And I’m banking on us winning the two home games and getting a win draw and loss from any permutation of the other three games..Fact is we have to start beating the likes of Port Vale and Oldham if we’re really promotion contenders let alone overhaul FGR.
Needless to say, Sam’s injury is a real body blow but guess other teams are starting to get the same , it’s going to be a hard run in for everyone fighting for those promotion places. The rest of our players have to find those goals from somewhere , although he wasn’t scoring Sam was a handful up front.Maybe Mattie Jay will step up to the plate and get another good run , we certainly will need it.
Somehow don’t fancy the playoffs yet again if it comes down to that even though we have a completely different team from the last **** up .Too much of a lottery.
Having given it a few more thoughts I will go 11.

To be serious contenders for the autos we need to get maximum points from our two home games.

Away to Oldham I think we may have to be happy with a draw. Port Vale normally I would be happy with a draw but this is one of our games in hand that said a draw would not be a disaster.

Newport a must not lose game so happy with a draw……a win would be a real bonus.

Carlisle we really do have a good record against them so chance for 3 points although again a draw not a disaster.

Tranmere similar to Newport in every way.

So going for Oldham 1 point, Vale 1 point, Stevenage 3 points, Newport 1 point, Colchester 3 points Carlisle 1 point and Tranmere 1 point……total 11 points anything more would be a real bonus although I can’t help but feel after we have played those games we will have done well if it keeps us still realistically in the race for the autos.

This would give us a total of 72 points with 4 games still to play a possible total of 84 so although 3 of those games are at home it means that we probably need to get more than 11 points from our next 7 games.

Just as an aside Bradford City will have quite a say in how things finish as their next 3 games are home to Vale, Newport and Rovers.

The next two away to Northampton and Tranmere and their penultimate game also away to Sutton…..come on Sparky.

Need to go away and find a dark room to lie down in now lol.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Such a shame when people are already settling for the play offs whilst we are in prime position to take top spot from a faultering FGR!

Have some backbone!
What worries me is the assumption that we are guaranteed to make the play-offs. The table is so tight at the moment that it won't take much of a drop-off in form for us to finish outside the play-offs.

jimmy

What worries me is the assumption that we are guaranteed to make the play-offs. The table is so tight at the moment that it won't take much of a drop-off in form for us to finish outside the play-offs.
Totally. Look at Mansfield. They beat us 13 days ago to go 2nd. They have lost two in a row and are now 10th!

jimmy

Totally. Look at Mansfield. They beat us 13 days ago to go 2nd. They have lost two in a row and are now 10th!
Furthermore, it shows that dropping points is not the end of the season. If it stays this tight, a short winning streak to end the season will make all the difference!

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seven points between 2nd and 10th. Games in hand are key for us.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely although one of those games is the away game at Vale on Tuesday next week sadly not one of our happiest hunting grounds…..they are also coming back into form so for two reasons it really is a must not lose game.

We are still in a good position and I really feel the key to our success will be our defence. Goalless draws will not be the answer but keeping clean sheets and requiring our strikers to score just one goal certainly would be……UTC.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Barrow game is going to be particularly significant as most of the other teams will have played their games in hand before then. And given how tough our last 2 games are we are really, really going to need to win it (unless, of course, we are already promoted and it turns into a party!)

Red Devon

The Barrow game is going to be particularly significant as most of the other teams will have played their games in hand before then. And given how tough our last 2 games are we are really, really going to need to win it (unless, of course, we are already promoted and it turns into a party!)
Agree although no 3 points are greater than any other, as it stands at the moment the Barrow game does stand out on the fixture list as being a game that decides what League we’ll be playing in next season.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having given it a few more thoughts I will go 11.

To be serious contenders for the autos we need to get maximum points from our two home games.

Away to Oldham I think we may have to be happy with a draw. Port Vale normally I would be happy with a draw but this is one of our games in hand that said a draw would not be a disaster.

Newport a must not lose game so happy with a draw……a win would be a real bonus.

Carlisle we really do have a good record against them so chance for 3 points although again a draw not a disaster.

Tranmere similar to Newport in every way.

So going for Oldham 1 point, Vale 1 point, Stevenage 3 points, Newport 1 point, Colchester 3 points Carlisle 1 point and Tranmere 1 point……total 11 points anything more would be a real bonus although I can’t help but feel after we have played those games we will have done well if it keeps us still realistically in the race for the autos.

This would give us a total of 72 points with 4 games still to play a possible total of 84 so although 3 of those games are at home it means that we probably need to get more than 11 points from our next 7 games.

Just as an aside Bradford City will have quite a say in how things finish as their next 3 games are home to Vale, Newport and Rovers.

The next two away to Northampton and Tranmere and their penultimate game also away to Sutton…..come on Sparky.

Need to go away and find a dark room to lie down in now lol.
Why complicate matters. Win every match and have done with it and go up as Champions

😎

Simples!!!

crocks

Now 2nd and still to play the teams currently in 17th, 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd spots