• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Alan Tonge Interview

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking at Alan’s career stats apparently he scored one goal for the club can anyone remember the match?
I remember him actually scoring two goals for us. It maybe the other was in a cup game. He pounces on a loose ball in the area and stabbed it into the corner with the outside of his right foot. It was down the St James Road end.

Red Devon

I remember him actually scoring two goals for us. It maybe the other was in a cup game. He pounces on a loose ball in the area and stabbed it into the corner with the outside of his right foot. It was down the St James Road end.
Grecian Archive has him scoring only one from 14 appearances

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very interesting interview and Alan is a top bloke. He was at city when I started watching them nearly 30 years ago.

Athelstan

I make you right, he also scored in the Autoglass Trophy game against Reading a few days before the Stockport game. City won it on penalties after a 2-2 draw.

Rosencrantz

I make you right, he also scored in the Autoglass Trophy game against Reading a few days before the Stockport game. City won it on penalties after a 2-2 draw.
That's the one 😀. Craig Taylor scored our winning penalty. I think Jimmy Quinn (as so often) got their goals. My mind often plays tricks on me but did Andy Harris score our other goal?

Athelstan

That's the one 😀. Craig Taylor scored our winning penalty. I think Jimmy Quinn (as so often) got their goals. My mind often plays tricks on me but did Andy Harris score our other goal?
I dug out a programme from that season and it gives John Hodge as the other scorer for City in the Reading game. I was not at that game but I had seen us lose 1-0 to Blackpool in the previous home game, my first visit to the home of football.