• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The African Cup of Nations..............

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
............. has started this weekend. I love watching it. 100 mile an hour football littered with bits of unbelievable skill but plenty of park football errors especially towards the end of matches. Then you get the odd player you watch who you wonder why he isn't playing somewhere in Europe. Due to my family ties, I'm keeping an eye on Zimbabwe and they have a left winger Billiatt who looks like he could be a bit tasty on his day. He plays for Mamelodi Sundowns in South Africa. From I've seen of their very creditable (Zim are probably the weakest team in the 'Group of Death) 2-2 draw with Algeria, he's quick, wirey and tricky. A full backs worst nightmare.

I'm an international footy buff, so I've been following this competition closely as I would any other. Doesn't look like there'll be any underdogs upsetting the bigger teams this time sadly.

If it wasn't for Africa having only a few countries stable/developed enough to host a competition like this, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cup of Nations was expanded to 24 teams as well.