• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you Pierce Sweeney!!! (To Swindon Town and now Exeter)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Confirmed as Swindon Town.

MerleyRed

Yep, Swindon it is.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Confirmed as Swindon Town.
Not somewhere I would chose to go as a player right now, a financial basket-case with the "sword of Damocles" hanging over the Chairman's head.

Trapdoor

Hope he does well. He deserves it, always made plenty of effort for us.

ElTorro

Good luck Pierce Sweeney, he was always prepared to try something and was never dull.

fred binneys head

I liked Sweenz but as many have said he always had a clanger in him and we need to be looking for better. Good luck to him though, top lad.

geoffwp

Indeed. The season started with the disrespectful way that MT treated Sweeney (stripped of squad number, made to train with the youth team) and has ended with both Sweeney and his closest friend Jake Taylor deciding to leave Exeter City.
Andrew, you've made this point re the manager's style causing players to leave several times. Personally I dont believe there is a link. Players leave for a range of personal and professional reasons but I would think petulance at the way a manager has managed them would be pretty low on the list.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Odd choice of move. If I was a footballer and looking for somewhere that would be best for my young family I wouldn't choose a club that could be the next Bury.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Andrew, you've made this point re the manager's style causing players to leave several times. Personally I dont believe there is a link. Players leave for a range of personal and professional reasons but I would think petulance at the way a manager has managed them would be pretty low on the list.
I do think Andrew's point has some validity but ultimately if MT is expecting more from senior players in big games and they're not meeting his expectation then that is the manager's prerogative. Time will tell if MT can recruit players that fit that mould.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not somewhere I would chose to go as a player right now, a financial basket-case with the "sword of Damocles" hanging over the Chairman's head.
Have they learned their lesson or will they can on as before?