• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you Pierce Sweeney!!! (To Swindon Town and now Exeter)

Redarrow

Huge shame seeing another one go, big shoes to fill!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Smithyno6

Odds on him ending up at Stevenage with Jake?

Really proved himself last year so a bit disappointing to see another one go.

Redarrow

Odds on him ending up at Stevenage with Jake?

Really proved himself last year so a bit disappointing to see another one go.
A big possibility, huge shame seeing him go as I really rated him personally, his days seemed up when his squad number changed from 2 to 26 at the start of last season, however he proved himself and fought his way back into the team, full credit to him!!

Smithyno6

A big possibility, huge shame seeing him go as I really rated him personally, his days seemed up when his squad number changed from 2 to 26 at the start of last season, however he proved himself and fought his way back into the team, full credit to him!!
Mind may of already been made up when Taylor tried forcing him out last season. Great season from him though, least he gave us that.

Redarrow

Mind may of already been made up when Taylor tried forcing him out last season. Great season from him though, least he gave us that.
Yes very true, if the manager made it clear he wasn’t in his plans pierce was most likely looking for a move back then, could be another reason he worked so hard this year as he was playing for a move maybe.

shame how someone who has been here years is almost “not cared about” by the staff, same story after the Northampton defeat when MT stated in his post March interview that the out of contract players will never play for the club again. Bit ruthless and a shame to see it end like that really but that’s Taylor for you!!

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was steady in his way, good times bad times. Was definitely a better centre back than a right back and was part of many useful partnerships. Hoping we can do better in that position anyway but good luck Pierce, solid player.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
For the best, he was fine as cover but you don’t want to be playing him every week to progress

Red red

Shame. He is leaving

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have similar mixed feelings as to when Jake Taylor moved on. On the one hand he always comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke and it's always sad to see someone who has played that many games for the club and represented the club so well move on. However, looking at it purely in terms of his contribution on the pitch he's been a decent enough player but also part of teams that have consistently been good but not quite good enough. Maybe, it's a good idea for the club to move on and try and find someone who can help turn us into a promotion team. And if I was Pierce, I would have been wondering how much game time I would be getting next season. Stubbs will presumably be first-choice with McArdle as the experienced back-up and both Dyer and Diabate both look like they could be ready to break into the first team.