• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you - Bondy appointment a disgrace

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
And his first act as an official trustee is to take pictures from the big bank of bare-naked-ladies dancing on shed roofs! [y]

Like the cut of yer jib bhey. Start as you mean to go on ;)

Red the Paper

Banned
With no canvassing the election is a joke really. A written declaration by each member is schoolboy stuff and will lead to schoolboys getting elected. At least Bondy used the media to keep his name up there when the voting slips arrived as did Greciantravellers. Simply not good enough though by the Trust. The lack of dynamism by the current incumbents is obvious to everyone.

A 14% turnout is pathetic, but those elected have no influence on that.

A low vote could be combination of voter apathy in the Trust or simply that the members don't see the need for major or indeed minor change. This apathy could lead to future problems for the Club IMO.

Congratulations to all those elected, however a word of warning:

the current apathy from the majority of trust members that elected you will be tested if you follow the same path as those that you replaced and some of those "committee" men that currently sit on their arses content of having some "power" in their lives.

Bondy, those that know you want you to do well, Exeweb wants you to do well, but please don't sell your soul and become a nodder. You need to be a man of your word and breath some life into our stagnating BOS and irritate the hell out of them if City are to flourish. When a Bosser sits you down and says Bondy, this is how it is and that can't be done, look the joker in the eye and say, you may not have the will or ability to do it, but I can and will.

This is your chance.

Best wishes and good luck

Last edited:

andrew p long

I would like to add my thanks to the Trust members who voted for me and congratulate the other successful candidates.

Steve Brown was unsuccessful, but I would like to thank him for standing, which at least ensured there was a contested election.
Can I suggest that Steve is co-opted as soon as there is a vacancy to save another (expensive) election.And that his skills are put to some good use in an agreed voluntary capacity until then.

Personally I think that elections of 6 candidates out of 7 are a mistake.We spend most of the time pleading for people to volunteer because we are short of trustees and then when they do we subject them to this (at our expense when the money could be better spent).On previous experience it will only be a matter of weeks before numbers drop again.And I don't see what is magic about the number of 15(?)

Further, I think there is a mistaken view in some quarters that elections are to decide who can be a trustee so that they can then carry out some work.People who have skills and volunteer can help and do work without having to be elected.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
So less than 800 voted, that's poor. If this is his biggest achievement then he has a very mundane life and I find him very naive if he thinks he will make a difference by being on the Board of Society. Oh unless he's just gonna sit there and agree with everyone else, which I'm sure he will.
I would be interested to read your CV if your achievements make this one look mundane. I have made some considerable ones in my life but I still think this one is right up there. And if you think that I am going to sit at BoS meetings playing the part of Churchill the nodding dog you have clearly never met me. Being a yes man has never been my style.

I appreciated the other constructive support and advice I have been given on here especially the members who used the Vote Bond avatar. I only hope that at the next election we will all be able to ask the candidates what we like to find out if they are worth their place. As for me you will have to judge that over the coming years not that many if any trust board members get anywhere near the credit they deserve.

Oh and as for the results I believe I was 4th despite getting double the votes of top placed candidate from last year Andy Cole.

Last edited:

grecianite79

I would be interested to read your CV if your achievements make this one look mundane. I have made some considerable ones in my life but I still think this one is right up there. And if you think that I am going to sit at BoS meetings playing the part of Churchill the nodding dog you have clearly never met me. Being a yes man has never been my style.

I appreciated the other constructive support and advice I have been given on here especially the members who used the Vote Bond avatar. I only hope that at the next election we will all be able to ask the candidates what we like to find out if they are worth their place. As for me you will have to judge that over the coming years not that many if any trust board members get anywhere near the credit they deserve.

Oh and as for the results I believe I was 4th despite getting double the votes of top placed candidate from last year Andy Cole.
Oh yes, you are truly amazing. Wasn't very long ago you were one of the most hated posters on here. You will toe the line like the rest of them. As for being on the BoS for many years, I give you two years. You won't be able to maintain the nicer than nice persona that you are currently using and after a while will go back to the person you actually are.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Oh yes, you are truly amazing. Wasn't very long ago you were one of the most hated posters on here. You will toe the line like the rest of them. As for being on the BoS for many years, I give you two years. You won't be able to maintain the nicer than nice persona that you are currently using and after a while will go back to the person you actually are.
Well I disagree with you but aside from that I just not going to bite any more. I am not there to toe the line or be a yes man.

I would of thought people had got over the most hated exewebber tag by now.

Saint James

From memory the highest number 520 odd was Bernadette Coates. A couple of others got just over 500 and all the others Bondy included polled in the 400's except the guy from Ipswich.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

From memory the highest number 520 odd was Bernadette Coates. A couple of others got just over 500 and all the others Bondy included polled in the 400's except the guy from Ipswich.
That sounds about right.

Lister

I would say it is. Bondy got well over 50% of the vote, more votes than all the other candidates put together.
Coates - 535
Overend - 523
Conway - 520
Bratt - 505
Bond - 483
Geary - 349
Brown - 118

So not too sure about your maths Mackster.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I voted for Bondy because I like his avatar.

Don't let me down, Bondy.