Team V Cambridge Utd - FA Cup (9th November 2019)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Time to give some players a chance whilst also picking a strong team.

I'd go with:

Maxted

Sweeney Martin Moxey

Williams Sparkes (as attacking wing backs)

Atangana Collins

Jay Law

Fisher

I want a good cup run.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it's time for Fisher to have a run in the side, thus far Taylor's use of him has been pointless, on the basis of the way he has utilised him why did he sign him. Bowman has done OK this season however he hasn't been outstanding. Fisher needs to be given a run of games otherwise we will never know what he can do.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
After Saturday’s red cards odds on Moxey and Sparkes will return and I would be happy to see us start with your suggested lineup.

Stelios

Can Williams do it defensively? He's a talent but he strikes me as one of those who jog back and look like they're doing their defensive work without much actual commitment to the tackling/closing down part.

Richardson worth a go?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can Williams do it defensively? He's a talent but he strikes me as one of those who jog back and look like they're doing their defensive work without much actual commitment to the tackling/closing down part.

Richardson worth a go?

Not really, I think Williams is a proper winger full stop.....Richardson on the other hand is definitely a wing back in the making....personally I’d put him in front of Sweeney to provide extra protection down the right and switch Williams to left with instructions not to drop much deeper than the halfway line.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Both Williams and Sparkes would offer us more as out and out wingers, I'd like to see Sparkes given the Holmes role, I think he could be very dangerous from there, sadly Taylor doesn't seem to want to risk playing with two out and out wingers.

I wouldn't be against something like:

Maxted

Richardson Sweeney Martin Woodman (or Moxey)

Williams Collins Law Sparkes

Jay

Fisher

Legohead

Banned
I like Williams. He's perhaps the only player we have prepared to attack full backs and get crosses in without this obsession with cutting the ball back all the time. I'd like to see Matt Jay given another start.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cambridge are decent side their first goal against Crawley yesterday was real quality and only 6 points behind us in the league....it’s difficult to predict what line up we will put out what with probably the two enforced changes anyway.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm confident we'll lose this one. Jay and Moxey to start in place of Parkes and Taylor. I'd give Fisher a start as well.